Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot change country!

Solved!

Cannot change country!

I cannot my change my country. I am in Germany and the Spotify is in German, but my land is seen as USA. How can I change it?

I checked with whatsmyip or another websites and it seems that I am using a German IP.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Vgezer, I've sent you a PM 🙂

View solution in original post

25 Replies

Weird, do you have a US payment method added to your account? 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

No actually, I dont have any.

Up!

Marked as solution

Vgezer, I've sent you a PM 🙂

Thank you :).

Hello, 

Spotify wants me to change my country (I'm in Guadeloupe). But, when I go to my Profile, only France is proposed as choice.

So, Spotify stay offline.

How can I change that ?

Regards,

France should be the correct country. Does your IP address locate to the right country on this page?
http://www.maxmind.com/en/locate_my_ip

Peter

it works now. It seems a temporary bug.
For information, my location is: Guadeloupe, North America.

What country is shown in your account profile and where does this site show as your location?

same problem here, I am located in germany, my account should be german. I can select in country change Germany and UK, but when I change it to Germany and press save it turns itself back to UK

THat's strange. What country is your IP address located in here?

hey jwlot

see it here: 

• State/Province : BAYERN

Thanks. That's really strange. Apart from trying a different browser, all I can suggest is getting in touch with the support team here. You may receive an autoresponse sending you back here, in which case reply to it and you'll hear back soon after doing that.

I still can't use Spotify 😞  I send Spotify an email on the 24th but they didn't answer yet. What a bad customerservice! This really sucks, there's no way to reach this people..

@madelief - Have you replied directly to the automated no-reply email you get when you open a case?

Peter

Yes i did..

Hi I am having a similar problem. 

Spotify won't let me change my country to Germany and when I try to it says " Spotify is not available in your country". I have recently moved here. 

Thanks

How can I change my country? Im gonna leave soon and I want to change the setting before I arrive in Belgium

I tried to change my land on my spotify account back to Belgium but it send me always straigt to my fb page. 

How can I change my land back from France to Belgium?

Suggested posts