Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot post to facebook - connection to facebook failed

Solved!

Cannot post to facebook - connection to facebook failed

Hello,

I've been getting an error message for the last couple of days whenever trying to share a song on facebook. Spotify says "cannot post to Facebook. The post cannot be sent because the connection to Facebook failed"
I've always been able to use this feature in the last and now it doesn't work from my iPhone, nor my iPad. I've activated the "show activity" option on spotty, doesn't make a difference
Also tried logging in with my Facebook account, no changes
Also checked in the iPhone settings whether spotty was allowed access to Facebook (in settings > Facebook) but spotify doesn't appear in the list of apps that have requested access to my Facebook account
Lastly, I've checked privacy settings on Facebook and spotify is enabled and is authorized to post on my profile.
Any ideas on how to solve this? It used to work perfectly. Last time I used it was Sunday...
Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Same here,

Can't share a song on my facebook timeline or on a friends' timeline

Seems to work on whatsapp.

Is there a setting that I need to adjust in facebook ??

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

My Facebook account had problem now! Cannot post video file upload My Facebook profile!now I had problem is (Connection to Facebook failed!please help me ! I Like to use Facebook post video file!Thanks

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

30 Replies

Me too... Exactly the same! Seems to have occurred when I upgraded to premium. If it's not resolved within the 30 day free trial then bye bye spotify!

Seen a few reports of this, it has been escalated to the Spotify team by one of the community rock stars for them to look into.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi, i´m having the same problem since yesterday. I changed my facebook pasword and I thought that has the problem... I´ve already checked to log in from the web in spotify.com and have no problems, it just happens when try to post a song. Btw, sorry my bad english

having the same issue - i thought it was associated with my new iPhone but tried it on my old one, which still works to play using wireless but receiving same error. 

additionally, when I copy the URL from spotify and try to paste it directly in to Facebook, I get an 'upload failed' message.

Appears to be on all platforms too, smells like Facebook have broken something.

Peter

I'm having the same issue over the last week. Some songs I can post and some I can't. I wonder if it has something to do with the new iOS

I don't think so - my old phone is still on the old iOS and I'm getting the same error. I think something must have changed with FB. 

Up till now it's still not working on my s4.. Please fix this pls

Not working on android either... Come Spotify figure something out I love the app

Well I guess it's not the iOS then, wish they would find issue and fix.

Can confirm Spotify are investigating this.

Peter

Fix the darn thing

Same here!  I post songs to a music share group and cannot post anything with the play thumbnail, the URL works but anything with a preview denys my post from the app or browser.

Marked as solution

Same here,

Can't share a song on my facebook timeline or on a friends' timeline

Seems to work on whatsapp.

Is there a setting that I need to adjust in facebook ??

Same here. Every time i try to post a playlist on facebook, i keep getting "there was a problem updating your status. please try again in a few minutes." Unsuccessful on ios too. 

Spotify is aware of this problem right now. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Having same issue with my S4 when I try to share what I am listening to on FB: "Status update failed"

it's working!!! thank you, spotify! 

It seems the problem of posting to Facebook has just been fixed! I tried it both on latest version of OS X and iOS 8. Hope everbody's is working ok too!

Suggested posts