Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot post to facebook - connection to facebook failed

Solved!

Cannot post to facebook - connection to facebook failed

Hello,

I've been getting an error message for the last couple of days whenever trying to share a song on facebook. Spotify says "cannot post to Facebook. The post cannot be sent because the connection to Facebook failed"
I've always been able to use this feature in the last and now it doesn't work from my iPhone, nor my iPad. I've activated the "show activity" option on spotty, doesn't make a difference
Also tried logging in with my Facebook account, no changes
Also checked in the iPhone settings whether spotty was allowed access to Facebook (in settings > Facebook) but spotify doesn't appear in the list of apps that have requested access to my Facebook account
Lastly, I've checked privacy settings on Facebook and spotify is enabled and is authorized to post on my profile.
Any ideas on how to solve this? It used to work perfectly. Last time I used it was Sunday...
Thanks

30 Replies

Thanks for the reports guys! If anyone else is still having issues please let us know and we can ask Spotify to investigate further.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks for the fix Spotify! It took a little bit but I knew I could count on you guys...thank you

What am i missing here?

What was the solution.

Still having the problem.

Which app are you using @Luddsson ?

Peter

Bet you need to update your app.

The one on windows 8.1 platform.

It's taking me to the login-screen when i press Connect to Facebook.

I'm typing in my login information, click Login, and then.. Nothing.

And if i open up "Preferences" and scrolls down to "Social Network" it still says Connect to Facebook.

Nothing sharing to Facebook either..

Now,this is NOT a big problem to me, i'm happy as long as i can listen to the music, but it's a "fun" feature.

Heard someone else report on another topic the issue went away when they made a browser other than chrome their default in Windows. Might be worth trying?

Peter

I see this issue was solved for you. Unfortunately I cannot locate the fix. Can you direct me to it? Thank you.

Right around the time we started having our Facebook preview issue (https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Facebook-Playlist-Share-Broken/m-p/98606... we noticed this too... wonder if whatever broke on their end for this issue caused the previews to not look the same when you manually share a playlist now. I am not trying to duplicate post but maybe you guys working on this have some insights into our problem because it looks connected.

Marked as solution

My Facebook account had problem now! Cannot post video file upload My Facebook profile!now I had problem is (Connection to Facebook failed!please help me ! I Like to use Facebook post video file!Thanks
Marked as solution

Suggested posts