Dear Spotify!!!

Dear Spotify!!!

poushal
Casual Listener

Dear Spotify,

The 10 hour time limit is just ridiculous especially the amount of ads we listen to that time period well covers the cost. Why don't you add playing time for more ads listened to? This will ensure your ad revenue and our dear music time.

4 Replies

Sam
Spotify
Spotify
We don't want the limit either, poushal. However, it was entirely necessary to keep the service free in the long run.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

cinque
Music Fan

You could take off all the "try Discovery page!" and "do you know you can follow people?'" and "you can have an audio preview" and change them with real ads. You would earn more, and would be able to set it free again or at least raise the limit.

And, i've been waiting for several months a solution to stuck social bar, now my favourite group (Area international popular group) is not available any more, and the first news I get from spotify are: "You now have a 10 hours limit." Nice. I guess you are trying to make customers run away because you can't manage so many.

Peter__
Community Legend

@cinque wrote:

You could take off all the "try Discovery page!" and "do you know you can follow people?'" and "you can have an audio preview" and change them with real ads. You would earn more, and would be able to set it free again or at least raise the limit.

And, i've been waiting for several months a solution to stuck social bar, now my favourite group (Area international popular group) is not available any more, and the first news I get from spotify are: "You now have a 10 hours limit." Nice. I guess you are trying to make customers run away because you can't manage so many.

If only licensing was that simple, as said above the limit isn't something Spotify ever wanted to enforce that is down to the licensing agreements they have with the labels. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Joe
Community Legend

I'm not sure the ads count towards your 10 hour limit but I recommend taking out a subscription. In my opinion, both plans are incredibly good value.

SUGGESTED POSTS