Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Does anyone else listen to different genres depending on what season it is?

Does anyone else listen to different genres depending on what season it is?

No idea if this is common but am I the only person who will listen to almost exclusively to some genres in Summer and almost exclusively to different genres in Winter?

During the warmer months I'll usually listen to Hip Hop, Indie and Electronic Music
During the colder months I'll listen to Post-rock, Jazz, and Soul

Does anyone else do this?

Here's most of the music I've been listening to during Winter:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0Zp1uE0fe9W337ECvh5DZc?si=agz39D8STgC1OpWdlbxhXQ

2 Replies

Hey @isxail

Thanks for the great topic!

I think what you describe is somehow in the human nature - weather changes affect our moods and make us crave different types of sound. I can give myself as an example. 

When it's warmer, I tend to listen to fresh stuff like tribal house, retro pop music, bossa nova or reggae. This is also linked to the places where you go in the summer, since most open air spaces offer their own music decoration.

spotify:track:6Bb4cVnuJmc0iLEogtUhgo:small 

As to winter times, maybe I'll go with things like ambient, IDM, Scandinavian electro-jazz, or in general something that is slow and meditative. Also classical music is very good for the dark and cozy winter days, even though it might be good for some summer vibes as well. 

spotify:track:0zQnCy0NCcBmQcsl2PBNE3:small 

Thanks! 

It's definitely an interesting observation.

Most of the time my choices are based on moods and not necessarily seasons.

It does feel good to seek for warmth and fire from drum&bass during cold months and solace from psyche/drone folk in the autumn of the year.

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts