Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

June 2021 update broke skip 15s for Bluetooth headphones

Solved!

June 2021 update broke skip 15s for Bluetooth headphones

Updated to latest Spotify for Android (June 11 update) and could no longer skip back and forward 15 seconds, instead it skips episodes. Reverted back to a May 2021 version and problem fixed. I notice same issue was raised in June 2019 as a weird coincidence. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks, 

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue. 

The issue should be fixed in the latest app version. Could you clean reinstall the app in order to get it and let us know if it has been fixed for you? 

Keep us posted 🙂

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

45 Replies

Can confirm same issue here. Pretty disappointing considering how much Spotify pushes podcasts

Hi @hugginsdj and @metabaron,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Could you let us know if this only happens while using Bluetooth headphones or when you're streaming directly on your devices as well?

On another note, could you let us know the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your devices?

Lastly, would you mind sending us a screen recording where we can see the issue happening?

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Same issue here on 2 different pairs of Bluetooth headphones. 

Hi, I also have had this exact issue since the last update. It applies whenever a bluetooth connection is being used (headphones or to car).

Device

Samsung Galaxy s10e

Operating System

Android 11

OneUI 3.1

Spotify Version

There is no point sending a screen recording, all it shows is the episode changing when i press the 'next' button on the headphones instead of it jumping 15 seconds llike it used to.

I have the same problem... 

Google Pixel 4XL connected via Bluetooth to Volvo head unit. Spotify 8.6.34.749.

Since this weekend's (June 2021) Android update, the forward and back buttons on the steering wheel no longer jump forward and back 15 seconds, but skip to the next podcast

Hey folks,

Thanks for info 🙂

Could you give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall? This one is more thorough than the usual one.

In case you're using an SD card, you can remove it, reinstall Spotify and then try running the app without the SD. Sometimes the SD card can lead to issues with the cache.

If nothing changes, could you share with us a video recording of what you're seeing? We'll investigate this further.

Keep us in the loop.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Thank you, this actually worked. Not using an sd card though. Kudos!

Hey @VirtualTo,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop 🙂

Glad to hear it worked out and the app is behaving as expected again.

The Community is here for you if there's anything else!

Ver Moderator

Suprisingly, a clean install also worked for me too - it's not something i like to do as i have to download alot after, but it did fix the problem!

Plan

Premium

Country

United States 

Device

Samsung Galaxy 11 

Operating System

Android 11 (latest)

My Question or Issue:

I'm writing a new post since spotify have not responded in a week to the 2 pages of comments on the previous Issue post like they said they would in the  instructions . so the "skip 15s" function stopped working on my car Bluetooth system AND on my Galaxy ear buds pro which make spotify almost useless for podcasts. Because it either restarts the podcast or skips it entirely. While all other apps 15-sec-skip function works.

I'm genuinely thinking of switching to another app cuz I can't use spotify while driving nor the gym so what's the point.

Same here. A fresh install helped for a while, then it went back to this annoying behavior

The fresh install only helped for a few hours. Now it's back to this annoying behavior

Hey @VirtualTo,

Thanks for the reply.

If a clean reinstall worked for some time, this means that there is most likely some issue with the way your phone is saving Spotify cache.

Can you try reinstalling again and changing the default storage, like described here?

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Thanks, but i don't have this option under 'other'

Hey @VirtualTo,

Could you send us a screenshot of the bottom of your settings menu?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

AlexModerator

Pixel 4XL. No SD card

Hey @VirtualTo,

Thanks for the info.

Can you let us know what happens if you switch Bluetooth On and Off and then try skipping?

Also, check in your phone's app settings if any Battery/ Performance optimization is enabled for Spotify and turn that off.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator

As the title says. Before I could double tap my Haylou gt1 pro earbuds and rewind about 15 seconds back, now it just starts over from the beginning. Is there any fix to this?

Thanks!

Hey, after a few hours this has reverted back to its old behaviour and the skip button no longer works correctly.

My storage is set to internal device after redownloading everything from a clean install.

Suggested posts