Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Facebook connection not working?

Solved!

Facebook connection not working?

I'm brand new to Spotify and I joined at a friends suggestion; I created a Spotify account and then attempted to use "Find People" to locate my friend who wants to send me song suggestions but I couldn't find her. Then I realized that I probably needed to connect to Facebook in order to do that. So as per instructions I located here I went to Edit / Preferences / Social Network and clicked "Connect to Facebook" and filled out the login information and checked "Keep me logged in" and clicked Log In and a tab opens up in Firefox blank except for the word "Ok" and the Spotify Facebook login window becomes blank (all white) and if I close the window it seems like I'm still not connected.

Does anyone have an idea what the problem is and how I can properly connect to Facebook?

- Chris

28 Replies

@nichkalai 

Hmmm... I'm not sure what is causing the problem.

I suggest you contact support. They might be able to help you.

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@MattSuda wrote:

@1220502900 @luizaa @GamacP 

Can you try going to the link below to connect Facebook?

https://www.spotify.com/account/social/facebook/

Having the same problem. When I try your link above, I get "Sorry there has been a temporary error, please try again later."

@lebolo 

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter for help.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I'm trying to log in, using Facebook. I click "Log in with facebook", and this opens a new browser tab, which begins authenticating my Facebook account, but then it immediately closes. Spotify itself does nothing. It remains on the login page. Any solutions?

Hello , i tried to do that but it didn't work for me 😞

I'm able to connect through SAfari but not the App on my Mac 

Any idea ? 
thx a lot 

PS : in Attach i putted a printscreen of what's happening when I launch from the App. Then the windows is closing and back to the "sign in" page of the app

Capture d’écran 2017-04-04 à 20.19.08.png

I hope this helps someone, but I found that if you're trying to connect Facebook with the Windows Spotify desktop app, after clicking the "Connect Facebook" button, nothing happened. Or at least, doesn't appear to be happening. No extra window icons pop up in the taskbar, but if you hit Alt+Tab you'll notice (at least for me) a sign-in window asking you to sign into Facebook. It took me a while to figure this out but if you've made the new pop up window your focused window, you can hit Alt+Space and hit 'Maximize', it'll make the window visible to sign in. Trying to use Move or anything else won't work. After logging in, it brought me to my timeline and I had to close the window and repeat the process and the second time it brought up the app connect screen.

Wow nice 🙂 I think I wouldn't have found out by myself.

nice job mate, and thank you!

Read the support article, nothing works. This functionality is borked. 

Here's what worked for me...

Go to https://www.spotify.com/us/account/privacy/

Under the section for "Facebook data" make sure "Process my Facebook data" is turned ON. Mine was not. flipping this ON fixed my issue, but to be safe log back out and back in on the desktop client.

Suggested posts