Announcements

Fade in and Fade out with Bose SoundTouch

Solved!

Fade in and Fade out with Bose SoundTouch

gogodancer2
Casual Listener

Hello, while fade in and fade out between the songs of my playlists are available when I listen to it with my smartphone, it is not when I listen to my playlist with my Bose soundtouch system. It is said in "Preferences" of Spotify menu that Fading is not available when I listen my playlists on other devices than my Smartphone (my Spotify menu is in French). It is quite annoying since I want to play my playlist during a coming party and fade the songs. Does anyone knows how to activate the fading when using other devices than a smartphone, e.g. Bose Soundtouch? Thank you for your help 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Fade in and Fade out with Bose SoundTouch

MattSuda
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @gogodancer2

Welcome to the Spotify Community!

I do not have any experience using the Bose SoundTouch speaker, but I tried to find mention of this and I found a feature request post from another user here:

https://www.soundtouch.com/CommunityDetail?_escaped_fragment_/feedtype=SINGLE_QUESTION_SEARCH_RESULT...

They said:

VC9      March 24, 2016

"Gapless playback, crossfade when switching to different song. It is a big deal when you have a party going on, the break in music dampens the fun. Enable crossfade playback when using a library or spotify like source, where the app is controlling the music"

So I don't think Bose supports crossfade yet. Hopefully this information is helpful. 
MattSudaRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Solution!

MattSuda
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @gogodancer2

Welcome to the Spotify Community!

I do not have any experience using the Bose SoundTouch speaker, but I tried to find mention of this and I found a feature request post from another user here:

https://www.soundtouch.com/CommunityDetail?_escaped_fragment_/feedtype=SINGLE_QUESTION_SEARCH_RESULT...

They said:

VC9      March 24, 2016

"Gapless playback, crossfade when switching to different song. It is a big deal when you have a party going on, the break in music dampens the fun. Enable crossfade playback when using a library or spotify like source, where the app is controlling the music"

So I don't think Bose supports crossfade yet. Hopefully this information is helpful. 
MattSudaRock Star 24

View solution in original post

gogodancer2
Casual Listener

thank you for the answer. Too bad indeed that Bose does not support crossfade apparently. I'll check with them. thanks again.

MattSuda
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

You're welcome

MattSudaRock Star 24
SUGGESTED POSTS