Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How Bad Is Your Spotify? - Get judged by an A.I. of your awful taste in music.

This little online tool is currently making the rounds on Reddit, crossposted in 35 subreddits:

6 Replies

Seems link is broken but i googled the question and got a final score of 23 (i think); am 1% basic and too trendy for my own good. My spotify is "moms-spaghetti-pills-are-kicking-in bad." Yay.

Link to the app is here. 🙂

Last.fm community had a field day with this thing :')
It roasted my generally very underground taste of music:

Sebasty_0-1609327119702.png

And saw me as another Amon Tobin stan (where are the others?)

Sebasty_2-1609327240059.png

I wonder what it would have said if it based the judgement on my last.fm data. All my Amon listens are in local media player. lmao

And my music taste is "pure-moods bad".

Unfortunately to me it doesn't change the output much between sessions, and there's no way to narrow the data from alltime to this year. Many of us had the bot roast artists we hadn't listened to in years 😅

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

It said i was an Ultrarare stan.. all <300 of "us," whatever. I can confirm that saying "yes ive been to coachella" docks a few points from final score lol

Ha, seems my music taste is really bad, I was roasted from the second the analysis started 😁

Katerina_0-1610363161434.png

I ended up having a 51% basic taste, which to me doesn't really sound that bad 🙈

Katerina_1-1610363504423.png

I have to admit though, most of the insults on the top went a bit over my head. They were a bit generic for me (or better yet too specific to trends I guess that I'm not too knowledgeable about). Also, like @Sebasty, I found that the output didn't really change between sessions and I wish it did to make things more interesting.

I can see why this was so popular though @Sebasty & @hans-jürgen! The intro roasting was my favorite part.

How did yours look like @hans-jürgen ?

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hey everyone, 

Lol, that was fun! I however disagree a bit that I'm "too trendy" since I'm listening to lots of music from the 80s and 90s on a daily basis. Still, the bot was witty in its comments: 

howbad.JPG

@Katerina  schrieb:

How did yours look like @hans-jürgen ?

Oh, I passed, we Germans do not know what humor is - especially American humor. 😉

Suggested posts