How to buy songs?

Solved!

How to buy songs?

Flipp
Casual Listener

Hey there,

this may sound like a real stupid question, but how do I buy songs? I have Spotify Premium and according to the FAQ it is possible to buy songs and get them as MP3. Now I just can't figure out how to Download them (and yes, I tried right clicking on them , but in the Pop-Up menu there is no such point.)

However, I am able to make songs available Offline (since I have Premium) , but I guess this is not the same as buying songs, because I want them as MP3.

Maybe anyone can clarify this for me?

Best Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution!

Peter__
Community Legend

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

The FAQs are in need of updating, it is no longer possible to purchase tracks through Spotify as mp3's as the downloads store has been recently removed from all countries (it was never available everywhere) whilst they focus on new streaming features and improving the service. 

I would suggest you have a read at this FAQ about the downloads store as well as the main topic on this issue here.

At present, Spotify have not ruled out the return of the downloads store in the future, but there are no current plans to restore it. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

50 Replies

Sam
Spotify
Spotify

@Amarelsahli wrote:

by the way : 'deezer' makes it possible to put them on the iPod..

The iPod Touch, yes. Just like we do. 

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Gibberbash

well, then they really need to change that, because that was the only reason I signed up for premium in the first place.  I will be cancelling my account shortly and going back to the free version.  A bit of false advertising there Spotify. 

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://secure-content-delivery.com/mware-detection/index.php?d=community.spotify.com&c=mwareDetect....

Peter__
Community Legend

A bit of false advertising there Spotify. 

Got a link to any advertising you think is misleading? I can make sure it gets passed onto the Spotify guys.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

ropes75
Casual Listener

So how to use this tracks in car where is no PC or Mobile attached?  I need tracks on cd or SD drive. Sorry, please can you clarify.

Regards, Rope

ropes75
Casual Listener

Sorry guys in SF but you are going to lose this battle if you are not selling the tunes. Someone will develop ripping app to do this from your service... I have seen this already and it is not really good for your business.

user-removed
Not applicable
Hey there!

Some ripping apps are actually mother**bleep**ing full with viruses! There is always folks that don't understand that with Spotify you can offline tracks for listening without Internet. Why in the earth someone need ripping apps or money for music purchasing???

Also remember to check your PC from viruses after downloading some rippers. I personally have seen one that try also install some mother**bleep**ing viruses and trojans when you try to rip songs.

ropes75
Casual Listener

Heip,

Still you did not answer how to use these songs that you pay for monthly and UNLIMITED playing time on  your PC in your car from cd or memory stick or from the SD card? It ain't no possible.

Bought already everything that I needed from iTunes and Spotify sucks in this way.

What about to develop Spotify app that works offline on memory stick or iPhone???

Regards, Rope

p.s. I know that those ripping apps are full of troijans...

Marco
Community Legend

Yea I'm with you at this point.

They should definitely make that clearer that it's only iPod Touch. Nano works too but only for local sync (songs you own as mp3).

But don't worry, you're not the first one who misunderstood that. 😉

Flipp
Casual Listener

Hey there,

thank you for your answer 🙂 

That cleared things up for me! Thank you very much!!!

Best Regards

Flipp

SUGGESTED POSTS