Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to hide followers

How to hide followers

Hi!

I have a problem. As you can see in subject, I'm looking how to hide ONLY followers section in my profile. I don't want to do my profile completely prive, I still want to share what I'm listening to right now to my friend, but I don't wanna show them who's I'm following. Here I can show you it is possible to do:

dejmian.JPG

As you can can see "Dejmian" has FOLLOWERS section on his profile

dominik.jpg

And "Dominik" has only PUBLIC PLAYLIST, and FOLLOWERS section.

both.JPG

Just in case, both guys have their profiles public.

I was looking for answers and a lot of options, and I don't know what to do.

Can someone help me please? 🙂 

3 Replies

As of now, there's no way to hide your followers from your profile. You can only choose which of your playlists are visible to others, but not which your followers are, or just hide your followers in general.

Hi @Oldschool_boy,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

To add to @Jethro_'s reply, there is currently an idea in the Idea Exchange of the Spotify Community for having the option to set the list of followers/following on one’s Spotify profile to private. While the status of this idea is currently “Closed  - Not Enough Votes,” it can become an active idea again if it gains sufficient votes.

I would recommend adding your +VOTE to this idea if it’s something you’re interested in; the more votes an idea gets, the likelier it is that Spotify will implement it, and you can read more about how feedback on ideas reaches Spotify here.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

The features have been added this year:

Privacy & Social controls - Spotify

Protecting the privacy of users under 18

If you are under 18, seek the advice of a guardian before changing a Privacy & Social setting.

• Desktop

1. Click your profile picture at the top, and select Settings.
    2. Scroll and click Social.
    3. Use the toggles to control access to your profile and your listening activity.
      • Start a private session to listen anonymously - If the Listening activity toggle (below) is on, you can turn this one on to temporarily hide your listening activity from your followers up until you turn this off, a long period of inactivity, or if you restart your app. Default: off (for those 18 or older), default: off (for those younger than 18)
      • Share my listening activity on Spotify - Turn this on to share your listening activity to your followers’ Friend Activity feed. Private session (above) overrides this temporarily. Default: on (for those 18 or older), default: off (for those younger than 18)
      • Show my recently played artists on my public profile - Turn this on to have highlights of your recent listening activity show on your profile. Default: on (for those 18 or older), default: off (for those younger than 18)
      • Show my follower and following lists on my public profile - Turn this on from the mobile settings to allow Spotify listeners to see what other listeners you follow and which listeners follow you. Default: on (for those 18 or older), default: off (for those younger than 18)

• Mobile

1. Tap Home 

2. Tap Settings 

3. Scroll and tap Privacy & Social (iOS) or Social (Android).
    4. Use the toggles to control access to your profile and your listening activity.
      • Followers and following - Turn this on to allow Spotify listeners to see what other listeners you follow and which listeners follow you. Default: on (for those 18 or older), default: off (for those younger than 18)
      • Private session - If the Listening activity toggle (below) is on, you can turn this one on to temporarily hide your listening activity from your followers up until you turn this off, a long period of inactivity, or if you restart your app. Default: off (for those 18 or older), default: off (for those younger than 18)
      • Listening activity - Turn this on to share your listening activity to your followers’ Friend Activity feed. Private session (above) overrides this temporarily. Default: on (for those 18 or older), default: off (for those younger than 18)
      • Recently played artists - Turn this on to have highlights of your recent listening activity show on your profile. Default: on (for those 18 or older), default: off (for those younger than 18)

Suggested posts