Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

In solidarity: Black Lives Matter

In solidarity: Black Lives Matter

Hello, 

I want to remove category mentioned in title from the main screen of my Spotify app. How to do that? I do not want to take a part in any political fights, terrorist organizations or be anyhow connected to them by anyone (especially music app that I am using). Please post step by step solution how to remove/hide that category from my main screen, otherwise I will cancel all my subscriptions till end of the day. 

290 Replies

Let's be honest, if you really want your voice to be heard, you'll have to cancel your subscription. It's a shame, but I doubt even half of the people who posted here are ready to go for it.

Well, the thing is that thosr who write here are those who care enough to bother giving them a chance to respond and change their mind. It takes much less time to just leave. 

I have been a customer pretty much since the start and I am appalled to see Spotify support and promote violence, crime and the destruction of private property. WTH, Spotify? 

The forums are a self-help platform for lusers to help out other lusers. Spotify does not care about what we post here.

If you would like to improve Spotify's platform and send a message that they do not carry any political mandate, go vote and comment on this thread:

Customize Start Screen 

Steps I've taken so far and recommend:

1. Vote for the Customize Start Screen idea
  2. Remember to also comment on the Customize Start Screen idea, making it abundantly clear that you want the option to remove undesirable content such as political and other material you deem offensive or inappropriate from your start screen. The UI on that thread is different, you need to scroll way down to find the comment section.
  3. Cancel your Premium subscription, citing the BLM In Solidarity claptrap as the reason
  4. Tweet and push on social media the message below to create awareness that this is a dismal failure on Spotify's part

Hi @Spotify, as far as I know, I PAY for my premium subscription each month to listen to the music of my choosing. Please don't shove your political agenda down my throat. #myspotifymychoice #backoffwithpolitics

I for one cancelled on day one of this BLM **bleep**. It looks like CEO Daniel Ek is an SJW of rank. He’s using his platform to spew out his political stance and damn the torpedoes.

Well Spotify USA stocks are down yet again, despite a theoretical bull run after signing an exclusive Joe Rogan deal. So carry on getting woke, Spotify. See how it works out for you. Been enjoying my MP3s and CDs. Got full control over the content there, you see.

Bud, life is 100% affected by politics, no matter if you see it or don't care about it.

Also, freedom of speech doesn't really mean what you think it does.

get this **bleep** off my spotify

why is the word R A C I S T  censcored BLM is r a c i  s t , get**bleep** off my page.

There is some progress, This political **bleep** vanished from all my mobile devices, but I just started up my PC and it's still there.

I really do not want to cancel my sub, but if this platform keeps shoving this racist**bleep** down my throat, I am out.

I am on Spotify to listen to music I like and I pay for that, not to be "educated" by someone with very questionable credentials.

Keep your personal believes out of my music spotify!

I literally just cancelled premium after many years. I've had enough. I didn't want to cancel, but I did. The last thing I want to be forcefully reminded of is protest and social unrest and political agendas and police brutality and hate crime and LGBT issues and all the other propoganda and political grievances and agendas we see in the media near constantly - this is not what I want music for, at all - quite the opposite.

These are all legitimate real life issues I'm sure, but that's for elsewhere.

At least, users need the ability to hide the political titles if we choose from the home screen. If we had that option I'd have ticked the box and gone about my business - but we haven't. Shocking disregard and oversight from Spotify. Shame.

I totally agree. Many have also voiced their unhappiness at various social media blogs and at Facebook groups. In fact, I am seriously considering closing my Spotify Premium account and joining another music provider such as Pandora or Amazon.

Here is what I sent to Spotify's Facebook, the Spotify Community, and Spotify Cares on Facebook:

"I am a long time Spotify Premium member. I am very unhappy about the the recent intrusion of politics and into Spotify. I joined Spotify for the music and only the music NOT to be in "solidarity" with any one social cause or group. If this policy continues you will leave me no option but to cancel my Spotify account and join another music provider. I also know that I am not alone in feeling this way as similar complaints have been posted on social media. Stick to music Spotify. It's what you do best. You have already alienated a sizable percentage of your members."

Hate to inform you but it is not only on Spotify (which has now added podcasts for 'educational purposes' ...yeah right. Cough Brainwashing) but also Amazon, Apple Music, likely Pandora and Tidal which are the big ones. If they are owned by a major media conglomerate or celebrity (like Tidal) then you can bet they are pushing it as well. The only way these tech and media companies ever get it is if we take away their funds which we are now starting to see happening. But they don't care because after all,  they are paid to promote this nonsense and sew racial division.

I'm still seeing it -in fact they have now added a 'Get Educated' category pertaining to the same subject. It will show under the home screen. They seem to want to educate people to become radicals. The average person is not racist and does not sit around thinking about this type of stuff but we know this is all being done deliberately. It shouldn't even be a question anymore.
Moved:

They are doing it in the US where I am and my friend in Argentina says they are promoting it there. He tells me race issues, while they happen once in a great while, are really not a prevalent issue where he lives. So again the question remains; Why would you push this in other countries unless you were trying to help foment an uprising or make it an issue? Seems like virtue signalling to me.

b14300d4-5be3-41ce-8168-1d3b99b62192.JPG
IMG_3459.jpg
IMG_3458.jpg
Moved:

@rak414 

Sizable audience you say? Got any numbers on that.

I know that this thread has 255 replies, which are made from like 100 unique users.

Meanwhile, Spotify has 133 million paying users (286 million non-paying), and their tweet about supporting BLM, has 44k likes.

Bud, it looks like you're losing.

You think this is the only place to voice your displeasure with Spotify?
Are you that naive? Frankly this is the worst place. It is being
censored, I have had posts removed, and most folks are emailing directly to
Spotify headquarters, support@spotify.com, and/or discussing on the blogs.
So do what you want, think what you want....Spotify made a serious
blunder. Your flawed arithmetic is of no interest to me.

I immediately unsubscribed. I have high moral standards, and Spotify's support of a threatening, violent and seemingly racist group violates these standards.

A better alternative than MP3s is free music. Soundforge has the same problems as Spotify and cannot be used. Arguably, large parts of the commercialized music business is corrupt as well.

I suggest you give Jamendo a try. All the music there is of high quality, so I don't spend time OCD'ing my way around all the garbage. Press play on any artist, and it's good, benevolent music no matter the genre.

The exact opposite of the vicious playlist Spotify shoved into my face.

I respect your decision. And I may be right behind you. Thanks for the tip. I am also relying more on my iTunes playlists. Take care. Spotify just leaves a bad taste in my mouth now.

Suggested posts