Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Indie/Alternative] Recommend a band with <500 followers

[Indie/Alternative] Recommend a band with <500 followers

Spotify has a lot of great, undiscovered indie and alternative artists. Some of them just need a push into the spotlight. 

In this thread you can recommend your favorite indie artists with less than 500 Spotify followers. 

Adult Mom has just 398 followers, but they're a promising all-female indie band from New York. I'd recommend for fans of Rilo KileyFrankie Cosmos. 

Label: Tiny Engines

spotify:track:0JUd8BsFKe78p9Jq0LWBZB

To add a Spotify Play Button:

1. Right click on the desired song. 

2. Click 'Copy Spotify URI'. 

3. Go to your Community post.  

4. Click 'Insert/edit link button'

5. Paste URI. 

6. Click Post.     

We'll collect all the tracks in this playlist:

spotify:user:spotifycommunity:playlist:6WBcjapsLGoIWXx5Qq0bZO

85 Replies

only 16 monthly listeners and 21 followers this is my friends uncles band called humphrey miles he is very small very very small and his songs are very very good and im suprised how unknown he is spotify:artist:3fcz52hO1sJ8ykYKJMjJpo

Here is one under 500 artist that I love, called FFANGS.  It's great 80's inspired synth music and they even have a down-tempo cover of the Tears For Fears classic, Women In Chains.  I'm a big fan of this up and coming artist.

spotify:track:3n1kjR0Q6cznixmWqZEtG4

spotify:track:0dxFsPYGSIXjWSlhVnb4ZL

Follow Me
DJ Mikey
Strangeways Radio
Owner / Program Director

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

My Oh My! is a group coming to you from Kansas City. They are a very unique group with two outstanding albums and amazing live shows here in Kansas City. Gotta Get A Wife (If You Want To Get To Heaven) is one of my personal favorite songs. They are a true gem. They are an Indie group that does have a southern twang. They are worth a listen! 

-Alice aka xcherrypandax

Screen Shot 2016-10-30 at 9.56.54 PM.png

Nessa Bransan! I brand new pop artist 🙂

https://open.spotify.com/artist/7EWQ1i4iidyCoBLTeHPeT5

Far less from 500 followers - Adrian Kwiatkowski

Start with this song, Darkness Illuminates and check more if you enjoyed this one!

spotify:track:3DX4YKeWWHs03epvJE4q6n

So a few weeks ago while listening to the new releases, I was at my school's coffee shop waiting for my order when suddenly this really happy sounding song comes on that honestly made me want to dance. I looked at my phone and quickly added "No Matter What" to my playlist. This LA based band only has 134 followers on Spotify and 27 on Twitter. Surprisingly. I think they will become more successful over time because they give off really good summer vibes and are nice to listen to with the windows down.

spotify:track:4gQMDHCeHsExrWSCIMJSa4

my favorite song can follow what is good 🙂 

Great Electro R&B from Semma. New Indie Artist from London.

https://open.spotify.com/artist/63qIQLQgiDrn5JLeftvuoK

Billion Dollar Pill is the debut release from Chip Gibbons.  His songs cut pretty close to the bone.  Worth a listen.  Don't really know who he sounds like.  Thoughts?

I don't know if this band has been shared before in this thread. It's an Australian band called Temper Trap. Their music sounds like U2 and Coldplay.

https://open.spotify.com/track/2Cv9B4V0PfjPlRrmuxklRf

Hey,

This is great for discovering new music. Thanks!

Check this out.

https://open.spotify.com/track/2JXWwHnNBRMl3iWrHWwmnc?context=spotify%3Aartist%3A7jsMVEVPrlITAHvLxt7...

Hey everyone!

I play in a band called Whale Bones. We're an Indie/Alternative band from Indiana that released an EP a few years ago. I'm currently recording our new record, but I'd love to see some growth in our listeners before I release it! I hope you enjoy 🙂

spotify:track:1SmBMsne2ZUCBQlgdoeURc

Tiny Engies was my thing back then, I have a band that graduated from my school 5 or so years ago, they made band together called Good Times or 'The Hand Me Downs', they're pretty indie-ish. The thing is spotify has it confused with a European band, but the first album from Good Times would be pretty nice, really really underground. Try em' out if you wanted!

May we recommend a Los Angeles band called "Red Red Lips." They're hip and edgy! Give their single "What You Do" a listen... For fans of The Highfields, and Kyko.

https://open.spotify.com/track/1g8wY2iwHJcWh6cI5pZqUi

Idolising nova

191 followers

spotify:track:2tuaywUoBYl8IwcpkBWdma

Two day coma

59 followers

spotify:track:597dKI1FzJvFO3wlpKtEZO

La fleur fatale

214 followers

spotify:track:6aQbLYRYswjmn9E0jdpZip

spotify:track:5b0UCHFhPIyAYdj2el620l

Mayve

350 followers

spotify:track:3fkon6qNBEoejpJk2mIGUf

Social

351 followers

spotify:track:0DCL81W9CBkIIDGJGQJfpn

Seaside

344 followers

spotify:track:6nysnunXxA35ft7z8efJtf

Loving this thread!
Can we post single artists under 50p followers, or is it bands only?

Calico Blue

If you like beach house, arcade fire, and surf rock you will like Calico Blue

Sarah Addi

Suggested posts