Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Let's Have A Genre Listening Party

Let's Have A Genre Listening Party

PLEASE READ THE FULL POST, BEFORE REPLYING, AND DO NOT POST PLAYLISTS OR SONGS, HERE.

I just found out the group session feature, and thought it would be cool to do that with people in the community. I have an idea for a similar party, as well, but I'll mention that, later.

What night is good for those that want to join?

Let's start off with one genre, right now, then go to another. Keep in mind that I only want to have genres that I like, but if anyone likes genres outside of what I like, I encourage you to take my idea and start parties for those genres as well. This might be good for artists, if they start their own, like mini concerts. They could join with other artists, inviting people to their concert parties. I don't want this to be an artist promotion party. Maybe, we will invite some artists, to play their songs, occasionally, at some point, but I just want to figure this out, first. Also, try to keep it as clean as possible (definitely no sexual language).

Here's what I like.

Rock (Today's, classic, and earlier)

Metal (Today's and classic)

Country (Any years, No Hip Hop or alternative style)

Some that I'm not as familiar with, like

Celtic and "New Age" (Ex., Enya, Kitaro, Yanni)

and

Electronic (Techno (Ex.,Robert Miles), Trance...)

I think it would be cool to play it on your TV., if you have one. This will be a chance for us to listen to music that we like, while discovering songs that we don't know that are of the same genres.

I understand that there are also people that are trying to get introduced to new genres.

While I don't want music played from outside genres, maybe people could be invited to for just the listening aspect. We don't want people taking advantage of invitations and putting in random genres, though. I put all these instructions, because sometimes people have misused my posts, and I want people to hear what they expect to.

Follow me

98 Replies

Does this work for everyone else, or do we need to adjust to time a little?

I want everyone to be able to make it.

Also, what day is good for y'all?

I'm also good for this weekend, tomorrow, and Friday.

Follow me

I'm good for Friday. 

Cool deal, Hmishima

Does Friday work for you, llama?

I'm guessing it works for you, Stompingllama.

If not, let me know, but I hope so. If so, we have it set.

I just found out that there are 3 people that have expressed interest in this last available slot. Whoever confirms that he or she is definitely joining for this Friday at 7:45 Texas/Central Time will get it.

I will be glad to have a second one, with the ones that couldn't get into the first one.

We can set that up, here. If someone can't make it, after all, for this first one, please let us know, here. We can try to get the next person in line that confirmed, to replace that person.

Follow me

Friday will work. This will be my first time doing a Spotify group session.

Cool. Does the time work for you, too?

Follow me

If there's still room in the listening session, Friday at 7:45 works for me as well! No biggie if we've filled up though; I can always catch the next one.

Cool deal

I think we have it set, with you (llama), TreyAnastasio, Stompingllama, Hmishima, psycless, and me.

Follow me

Hey, everyone

I have some unfortunate news. One in our party, Stompingllama, can't make it. He let me know, early, so that's good. If anyone else wants to join, let me know.

The more, the merrier

I will schedule another one, so he can be a part of it. I definitely don't mind listening to these two albums twice.

Follow me

So there's a new Helloween single out today... Might want to check it out.. 

So Google hangouts is going away. We need an alternative. I suggest Discord. I run a server already, so I can set up another one for this if you want. 

No. Google Hangouts is what we're using. It's not going away. It was supposed to go away, in 2019. It's still here. I don't want to download more applications. I'll send the link to you, in a little while.

Thanks for letting us know about the Helloween song.

Follow me

We start in less than 3 minutes.

I think we are down one person.

Follow me

Hey, everyone

There's going to be another Listening Party of the one that we just had, since Stompingllama couldn't make it. Whoever else didn't make the first one can get in on this one. I was told that a couple people were interested. We also had someone else that was supposed to join that didn't make it. With those people, we would almost have a "full house".

It will be on Monday, at 1 p.m. (Pacific Time), 3 p.m. (Central Time).

Let me know, here, if you're wanting to join.

Follow me

Hey, everyone 

I'm having an Iron Maiden Listening Party, next.

I have a couple slots available, since I have the 3, beside me, saved for TreyAnastasio, StompingLlama, and ragingbug. I would like to have it full. We're also introducing someone to the band, for the most part, so that's a cool thing.

Let me know, if you're interested, so we can get the party started.

Leave your time zone and usual availability.

Follow me

Oh, I'm definitely in. 

Hi, y'all!!! When are you planning this @MadmanOnWheels ?  I would like to join but need to know the date and time, please.

Cheers!!!

JpgchiefRock Star 14
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey, Jpgchief

I need to know, from everyone else, still. Friday at 7:45 Texas/Central Time seemed like the best day and time for everyone's schedule, last time. I don't know if that works for them this time, or for you. If so, that would be great. What's your usual availability?

What do y'all think, ragingbug, StompingLlama, TreyAnastasio, and Hmishima?

If this doesn't work for someone, what works for you. I picked 7:45, because after 7:30 (Central Time) was best for Hmishima.

Follow me

Hi @MadmanOnWheels,

7:45pm Central Time on Friday would work for me to attend the Iron Maiden Listening Party. I could probably be free to join at another time, though, if it works better for everyone.

Cheers!

AdamDamSpotify Star

Thanks @MadmanOnWheels it's the same time zone for me, I'll try my best because usually, I burned out after a long session of New Music Friday (right now 11 new tracks to publish), for me starts at Thursday 18 hours and finish really late on Friday night and then return to finish at the morning so Friday after lunch I call it the day. 

Cheers!!!

JpgchiefRock Star 14

Hey, Jpgchief

That's fine. What's your normal availability? Would Saturday or Sunday work better for you?

I just want to make sure to get everyone into the party. I want to have it full. I also want to have time to replace anyone that ends up not being able to make it. which I would like to avoid.

Follow me

Suggested posts