Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Let's Have A Genre Listening Party

Let's Have A Genre Listening Party

PLEASE READ THE FULL POST, BEFORE REPLYING, AND DO NOT POST PLAYLISTS OR SONGS, HERE.

I just found out the group session feature, and thought it would be cool to do that with people in the community. I have an idea for a similar party, as well, but I'll mention that, later.

What night is good for those that want to join?

Let's start off with one genre, right now, then go to another. Keep in mind that I only want to have genres that I like, but if anyone likes genres outside of what I like, I encourage you to take my idea and start parties for those genres as well. This might be good for artists, if they start their own, like mini concerts. They could join with other artists, inviting people to their concert parties. I don't want this to be an artist promotion party. Maybe, we will invite some artists, to play their songs, occasionally, at some point, but I just want to figure this out, first. Also, try to keep it as clean as possible (definitely no sexual language).

Here's what I like.

Rock (Today's, classic, and earlier)

Metal (Today's and classic)

Country (Any years, No Hip Hop or alternative style)

Some that I'm not as familiar with, like

Celtic and "New Age" (Ex., Enya, Kitaro, Yanni)

and

Electronic (Techno (Ex.,Robert Miles), Trance...)

I think it would be cool to play it on your TV., if you have one. This will be a chance for us to listen to music that we like, while discovering songs that we don't know that are of the same genres.

I understand that there are also people that are trying to get introduced to new genres.

While I don't want music played from outside genres, maybe people could be invited to for just the listening aspect. We don't want people taking advantage of invitations and putting in random genres, though. I put all these instructions, because sometimes people have misused my posts, and I want people to hear what they expect to.

Follow me

98 Replies

Usually Any day but Sunday works best. Mainly Mornings till 4:30pm and then open 7pm-9pm pacific time . Saturday sounds great 

Okay. From what I'm figuring, since you're 2 hours behind me, starting at 7p.m. Pacific Time (9 p.m. Central Time) on Saturday would also work for Hmishima, who is good to start after 7:30 (Central Time).

I just need to know, if this works for Bug and Jpgchief.

Follow me

hi hi, i usually have class in the mornings from 9 am - 1 pm eastern time (weekdays ofc). my weekends are free so Saturday sounds good to me!

It looks like we have the party set for the best day and time, Saturday (the 24th) at 10 p.m. Eastern Time/9 p.m. Central Time/7p.m. Pacific Time.

Follow me

Hey, Hmishima, Jpgchief

I haven't seen anything from y'all, letting me know that y'all are actually good for joining the party on Saturday (the 24th) at 10 p.m. Eastern Time/9 p.m. Central Time/7p.m. Pacific Time.

If someone can't make it, I want to fill that slot. I only have a day.

Please respond here or to the private messages that I sent, or both.

Follow me

Sorry for my late reply but I think it’s okay.

I’ll see you tomorrow but please send me the link or not sure how you work this out.

Cheers!!!

JpgchiefRock Star 14
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey, Jpgchief

I didn't see this, until now. I didn't see a notification. Thanks for getting back to me. 

I'll send a private message, here, with the link to the Hangouts chat. Communication is key. From there, you'll get the link to the Group Session. It would be helpful, if you would join on Hangouts, a few minutes early. And since you're definitely joining, check your messages, in a little bit, for the Iron Maiden Listening Party playlist.

Follow me

I'll be on, but I may be a little late. We're coming back from a road trip. 

Oh, okay. I was wondering. I just sent the invitations to Hangouts.

Follow me

I didn't get an invite. 

Anyone out there that can tell madman that I didn't get an invite? 

I just sent the link to you, in a private message. I'm glad that you got here, now. We started late.

Follow me

Hey, everyone

I had a good time, the other day.

That was a nice, Listening Party, even though we had some difficulties and a late start. I was hoping that y'all could have stayed to the end. StompingLlama, you almost made it. There was one song left. Ha, ha. Bug, Jpgchief, I hope y'all discovered some more songs that y'all like. Hmishima, I know that your queue was a little off from ours, but I hope you got to hear most of the playlist. TreyAnastasio helped me, a lot, in organizing this. Thanks for that and staying ro the end.

Y'all have the playlist, now, so I hope y'all will enjoy it from here to eternity. Ha, ha!

Since it is an exclusive, "underground" playlist, and there's no way to lock it, so that no one can mess with the songs that we added, I'm only having screenshots of it available for everyone else to check out.

Screenshot_20210430-220124.png

Screenshot_20210430-220315.png

Screenshot_20210430-220439.png

Screenshot_20210430-220537.png

It's hard to make out the profile pictures.  Here's a list of the amount of songs and who they were added by, in order:

1 : Bug

10 : Me

6 : TreyAnastasio 

4 : StompingLlama 

4 : Hmishima

I'll be having another Listening Party that involves Iron Maiden. I don't know if I will have that one or the 80s Rock Party, first, but let me know, if you're interested in either one.

For the one that involves Iron Maiden, we will be listening to the poem, "The Rime Of The Ancient Mariner" followed by the Iron Maiden song, then "The Charge the Light Brigade" followed by "The Trooper", by Iron Maiden.

Follow me

Hey, everyone

I had a good time, the other day.

That was a nice, Listening Party, even though we had some difficulties and a late start. I was hoping that y'all could have stayed to the end. StompingLlama, you almost made it. There was one song left. Ha, ha. Bug, Jpgchief, I hope y'all discovered some more songs that y'all like. Hmishima, I know that your queue was a little off from ours, but I hope you got to hear most of the playlist. TreyAnastasio helped me, a lot, in organizing this. Thanks for that and staying ro the end.

Y'all have the playlist, now, so I hope y'all will enjoy it from here to eternity. Ha, ha!

Since it is an exclusive, "underground" playlist, and there's no way to lock it, so that no one can mess with the songs that we added, I'm only having screenshots of it available for everyone else to check out.

Screenshot_20210430-220124.png

Screenshot_20210430-220315.png

Screenshot_20210430-220439.png

Screenshot_20210430-220537.png

It's hard to make out the profile pictures.  Here's a list of the amount of songs and who they were added by, in order:

1 : Bug

10 : Me

6 : TreyAnastasio 

4 : StompingLlama 

4 : Hmishima

I'll be having another Listening Party that involves Iron Maiden. I don't know if I will have that one or the 80s Rock Party, first, but let me know, if you're interested in either one.

For the one that involves Iron Maiden, we will be listening to the poem, "The Rime Of The Ancient Mariner" followed by the Iron Maiden song, then "The Charge the Light Brigade" followed by "The Trooper", by Iron Maiden.

Follow me

Hey, everyone

I know that It's been a while, since the Iron Maiden listening party, and me mentioning that I'm going to have an Iron Maiden related listening party.

I might as well do it, now, instead of waiting.

I've saved slots for TreyAnastasio, StompingLlama, ragingbug, & Katerina, at least, but I'm thinking that Hmishima is another one that will want to join. I can host a second one, for anyone else that's interested, though.

This listening party is for the poem of "The Rime Of The Ancient Mariner", the Iron Maiden song of it, the poem of "The Charge of The Light Brigade", and the Iron Maiden song that it inspired.

For those that I mentioned, please let me know your regular availability and time zone, so we can start getting a date and time narrowed down.

For anyone that's interested, let me know that you are, and we can figure out a date and time for y'all, after this party is done.
Follow me

Thanks for inviting us to this listening party, @MadmanOnWheels! I look forward to attending, and am usually free between 7am and 10pm Pacific Time.

@StompingLlama, @ragingbug, @Katerina, and @Hmishima Are you free to attend @MadmanOnWheels’s Iron Maiden and poetry themed listening party soon? If so, feel free to read his recent post regarding setting up a date and time.

Cheers!

AdamDamSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey, thanks for tagging me folks! I'd have completely missed this otherwise 🙂

Is this usually on weekdays or the weekend, you know? Just so I can get a better idea of when this happens, I'd like to join if possible!
I'm on GMT +3 and generally I'd be able to join unless it's too late in my timezone, or I got sth else planned.

Thanks for organizing this @AdamDam and @MadmanOnWheels, sounds pretty interesting!

KaterinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Looking forward to this event. Sorry for the late response I’m usually flexible on availability. Earlier in the day the better  weekdays and Saturday work best for me

I can finally post this, since uninvited people can't add songs. Even though the playlist is set, since it represents the listening party that we already had, everyone can now listen to it.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1JCadd72yggrGkoAYPdET2?si=DfPdnEnmQBOJq1OdThR3Sw

Follow me

Suggested posts