Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Let's introduce ourselves!

Let's introduce ourselves!

Hey there you,

Yeah, you! 😁

Welcome - we're glad you joined the Spotify Community!

While you here, let's have a fun game and get to know each other better!

The game is simple: 

Find the latest comment and hit reply > comment to say hi! 👋 to this user and then introduce yourself in a new post:

1. What's your name?
  2. Where in the world are you?
  3. What's your favorite track at the moment?
  4. When did you start using Spotify?
  5. Share a random thought/fun fact etc!

Let's go 🙂

🌟 Star tip: you can switch to threaded view to find and answer to greetings from other Community users! 

1,045 Replies

Hi everyone, 

I’m Sarah. I am new to the Spotify Community but have been loving Spotify since it launched.

Music has always been a major part of my life, it’s what keeps me going and I adore anything from Classical to House music, Folk to Punk.

I am forever on the look out for new music and finding new artists.

I’d like to connect with like-minded people and broaden my playlists further with you.

Fun fact; I usually like to name playlists with my favourite movie quotes- do you recognise any?

If you have time, you are more than welcome to check out some of my playlists or follow/like them. I’ll be sure to follow back.

This is me;

https://open.spotify.com/user/sarah.b1281?si=k2WAqXwPQiy2mjtH8VBymA&dl_branch=1

My favourite track at the moment is Placebo’s long awaited and newest single; 

https://open.spotify.com/track/52XiZdPJvTCrbdEtb8omkC?si=dOpqxFloQUO04agJ4jaT7Q&dl_branch=1

My name is Jesus

South America

My favorite song is this
https://open.spotify.com/track/5l21aNqgbYw9tjtPAo3OPk?si=04f518bd1b0647a0

I've been using Spotify recently

Aaahhh I love this! Welcome to the community, Sarah! 😄

Your playlists are so eclectic, there’s something for everyone (and bonus points the movie quotes!!) 🤩
HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Great song choice, Jesus! Welcome to the Community! 😄

I’m really curious about your taste in music! Maybe you’d like to answer this question of the week: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Chat/Question-of-the-Week-If-you-could-attend-a-concert-by-any-arti... 🤔🤔🤔
HuboSpotify Star

positive vibes

1. Felipe
2. 🇧🇷
3. Non è per sempre - https://open.spotify.com/track/3JBFW3YpGADwwxCz2MZuDR?si=3d69baf52cc74417
4. Can't remember. 2010 maybe? It's been forever.
5. Nothing. I just want my username to be my usual username and not some freaking random number.
https://open.spotify.com/user/1271212091

Bem vindo (Welcome) @felipechalreo 

It's great to meet new community users (especialmente quando são meus conterrâneos haha). I hope you enjoy this place chatting about music and discovering new favorite songs 🤩

Regards from 🇧🇷,

Luan 

LuanSpotify Star

• What's your name?

Hey! I'm Faisal Khan and I'm a newbie here in the community.

• Where in the world are you? Website

I live in Lahore, Bahria, Pakistan. My timezone is GMT+5

• When did you start using Spotify?

Well, I guess it was about a few moments ago 😂.

• Share a random thought/fun fact etc!

I'm a big Harry Potter fan and I have a Sirius Black wand haha 🥲🪄

Welcome, @faisalkhan5 

We hope you enjoy Spotify and our community too. Trust me, they're amazing...

Nice choice with the Sirius wand... I have the same one here haha 😊

I'm from Gryffindor, and you?

LuanSpotify Star

Awesome to have you here Faisal! 😄
HuboSpotify Star

Welcome to the Community Felipe and Faisal! 

@felipechalreo - wow, you've been using Spotify for a good decade! 

@faisalkhan5 - seems like you're posting n good company here, a lot of folks like Harry Potter seems like!

I have to ask: do you prefer the books, or the movies? Or both?

KaterinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

What's your name? My name is Ramon
Where in the world are you? I live in the Netherlands
What's your favorite track at the moment? My favorite track might be Iris - Goo Goo Dolls, https://open.spotify.com/track/6Qyc6fS4DsZjB2mRW9DsQs?si=da85baf94b084f3f
Anything from Julian Sas and Rory Gallagher.
When did you start using Spotify? When the Joe Rogan Experience podcast came to Spotify.
Share a Random thought/Fun fact; Spotify ruined the Podcast experience with audio advertisements in between/ in the middle of the podcast, making it un watchable, un listenable. And therefor making me have to stop using spotify, which in turn makes me miss out on one of my favorite podcasts. Because Spotify bought the rights of the podcast to make it exclusive to spotify. Also a payment model that also uses advertisements? That is some next level *Insert some words*.

1. What's your name? John!
  2. Where in the world are you? I live in the state of Maine in the U.S.!
  3. What's your favorite track at the moment? This is a tough one, but probably TILTS by Census
  4. When did you start using Spotify? 2012
  5. Share a random thought/fun fact etc! I once did a duo talent show event where we rapped Ice Ice Baby without the music or lyrics playing!

1. What's your name? Daniel, and my artist name is The Wyttrash Connection
  2. Where in the world are you?  Tiny town in Michigan USA called Pullman. Named for the railcars that helped found our town. 
  3. What's your favorite track at the moment? Way too many to choose from. I love so much music.
  4. When did you start using Spotify? Oh It's been a while. 
  5. Share a random thought/fun fact etc! Because I'm from Michigan, which is shaped like a mitten for those who don't know, I get to use my hand as a map. 

hieeee!!!!!! 

My name is Apurva. I'm a newbie. 

I'm from Mumbai, India. 

Fav track at the moment:

https://open.spotify.com/track/44I7sqKYCAa7bQdVywkShO?si=zyFu4W9xTq-lWCDbyXbnhw&utm_source=copy-link...

I think I started using Spotify in 2019.

I don't really like my name, I'm thinking of changing it to jayce. 

Hey people I’m new to this community, so far it seems very positive and I appreciate that.

What's your name?

My name is Benjamin but I prefer Ben

Where in the world are you?

I’m currently in the USA, NY 

What's your favorite track at the moment?

Pursuit Of Happiness by Kid Cudi It’s a good listen and I’d recommend any one to listen to his album Man On The Moon: The End Of Day. Kid Cudi is the main artist I listen to, his music has a great style to it, and like in the album I suggested he portrays it as if it’s a story; sharing his troubles and emotions with the world so people like my self can find connection and realize your not so alone within the world and other people have similar experiences or demons within them.

When did you start using Spotify?

I started using Spotify around 2014-2015, Music saved me in a way, as a kid I had an iPod that eventually went missing but I always remembered the beginning of a soundtrack to a song then years later i found that song: Pursuit Of Happiness, which led me to discover Kid Cudi and soon fall in love and find a connection to his music. Music helped me through hard times, kept me going in school, and cheers me up when I feel down or disconnected. Spotify was a better alternative to buying music, SoundCloud which crashes often and honestly is trash comparatively, or listening on YouTube which drains more battery on handheld devices and doesn’t allow to do other things while on it without a paywall. 

Share a random thought/fun fact etc!
I really enjoy the concept of dreams and deja vu, I like the idea behind having thoughts or experiences you feel you’ve had before and the mystery behind it all, it happens often but it’s unexplainable, and with dreams I love hearing about people’s experiences or abnormal dreams, for example sometimes I’ll have same exact dreams or nightmares I’ve had before sometimes years later from when I first experienced them and I’ll know within my dreams what will happen and speed through it or if it’s a nightmare I had which happens more often I’ll know what happens so I can change bad decisions or take a wiser path and conquer that nightmare and the fear it took from me, I’ll usually not have the dream/nightmare again after as I’ve seen so far. I feel as though once a dream is remembered when you are consciously awake your brain decides to lock that experience; I can remember the dreams but no longer experience them. 

Anyway thanks to anyone who read everything and possibly was intrigued or at least entertained through my introduction.

1. Hi my name is Kaden Clegg
  2. Melbourne Florida
  3. 841AE762-6CA1-4E8F-A1E9-973138ECA48A.jpeg

4. August 23 2020
  5. Why does anyone use apple or amazon music?

Alyssa

Australia 

Rain by Tusse

started using in 2016

Hey y'all,
I'm Nav from India.
My current favorite track is
https://open.spotify.com/track/4qeHV9T5N3S7KAKryZQp8s?si=b030c00b6d9e44f5
A random fact - Well I love Anime soooo much.

Salut @Sothiaco, and welcome to the Community! 

I like the track you shared, great pick!

KaterinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts