Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local files won't play in offline mode

Local files won't play in offline mode

Hi!

Since the new update from Spotify, I am not able to play my downloaded songs from my local files anymore in the offline mode. When I download a specific playlist with downloaded songs from my local files in between, only the downloaded Spotify songs will play. I need internet for my local files songs. This was not the case with the previous update! 

As you can see in the attachment, everything is playable but not the local files.

Do you have any idea how I can play my local files offline on my macbook? I have tried the big clean thing, re-downloaded the app, restarted my laptop, literally everything!

Please help!

Screen Shot 2021-05-31 at 11.20.24.png
5 Replies

SAME HERE. I hope this gets fixed soon because i'm a fitness instructor that works in a studio with very spotty wifi. Fingers Crossed it's just a bug that will be resolved in the next update! 

I am experiencing this issue also. Thank you for making a post. Hope Spotify fixes it 🙂

I've made a topic under the help board: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Local-Files-Become-Unavailable-in-Offline-Mode/td-p...

Please visit and reply/like to increase the chances of this issue being fixed!

Hi is this issue anywhere being fixed, as soon as I go into airplane or offline mode my downloaded podcasts disappear

Steve

Hi I'm new to Spotify

Had the same issue with competitor, see exact same topic not solved in 2 years: curse ? Lack of technical skills to solve ?

What is the use of downloading in these conditions, apart from none at all ?

Not obvious to create a direct ticket

Suggested posts