Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Mery Christmas Community 2020!!!

Mery Christmas Community 2020!!!

I really hope that for this moment we all are in the Christmas mood. Less than one week for Christmas and today we have a tone of new releases, sorry I should have said great releases that I want to share with you.

But most of all I want to wish you the best for these holidays and for next year, we all know this one has been an exceptional year (sadly in a bad way mostly) but we can't let our hearts feel bad, better face this as an opportunity to be better and to do something different.

In this way, I find a lot of track related to our reality talking about these days, for example, one very touching track released today is this one

spotify:track:6D1oQziIaTPTMjaNJLeDkc 

But we have so different points of view and ways to express our holiday's feelings a classic track but with an indie rock Christmas twist

spotify:track:0upwyw70b4wbXAqjS7WHlj 

Or this one by this band that I have been following this year and I love it, they're part of my  100 Underground Tracks 2020 and today share this track and this on their IG "30 MORE DAYS is a sinister Christmas show tune exploring the Tudor custom "The Lord of Misrule", wherein a peasant would be appointed to lead hedonistic revelries for thirty days over the Christmas period. The above line is a reference to the 1989 Heinz Baby Food scandal, where Rodney Whitchelo, a former Scotland Yard detective, attempted to extort millions of pounds from the food giant by spiking the food with bleach and razor blades."  This is the track

spotify:track:1Po75QmndpIJWO2XkCSJo8 

But if you want something fun this one nailed it. 

spotify:track:1YbBios7TR0XocxLNhxiRn 

Once again let me wish all our community the very best this year and surely next year will be better. 

Share your thoughts, songs, and wishes here, please. 

P.S. You can listen to all these tracks in this thread Different Kind of Christmas 

JpgchiefRock Star 14
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
12 Replies

Thanks for all the wishes @Jpgchief 💚

Here's a Christmas song which was released last year by a fave band of mine. Listening to it now in 2020, it kinda hits different, emphasising the distance between us and the longing to be together:

I'd give anything this Christmas
Anything this Christmas
I'd give anything this Christmas to have you here

(source: Genius)

https://open.spotify.com/track/7FNsGGAGyMoSwjH3ivmcep

I gave the opportunity to saw these guys live in a festival in 2017 didn’t know then in that moment and love their energy and the way they enjoy their show obviously we became fans of these couple and this track is a perfect fit for the playlist thank you @Peter @added to the Playlist.

Cheers!!!

JpgchiefRock Star 14

No way!! Which festival did you see them at? I got to see them at the iconic Paradiso in Amsterdam back in December 2017 - love them and their music to bits 💚

PS Glad you liked the song too :)))

Thank you @Jpgchief, I hope you have a good Christmas and next year as well!

One track from my library that reminds me of Christmas is “Burning Wreath” by Fuzz, since wreaths are often used as Christmas decorations:

https://open.spotify.com/track/7C6NEHsc44ZvekeEl18QVO?si=eSgEZ-9aRlW8QZpuykIizA

Another track that reminds me of Christmas is Phish’s performance of “Lawn Boy,” from their concert on 12/31/1991, where Trey plays the melody from Nat King Cole’s “The Christmas Song” for his guitar solo at a little over a minute into the track:

https://open.spotify.com/track/0oim5uFqqQhbGzICZkvG5L?si=w-la-1i2Rx-ZJGgU5hOSbA

Cheers!

AdamDamSpotify Star

So prolific the Ty Segall career, seems he can't stay still, this year in this band they released a new album back in October

spotify:album:2CNff77g9eBoonGyPx2cc6 

And early this year in February as a new project  Wasted Shirt (Ty Segal  + Lightning Bolt) released a debut sick album 

spotify:album:3L0HzI7gftRMShZmXckNR6 

Thanks for the track @AdamDam 

Cheers!!!

JpgchiefRock Star 14

This is the Festival and here the lineup (sorry was 2016) and I really saw them because my daughter wants to but it was a very good thing to listen to her and watch their show... love it!!!

liveout-lineup-2016-lanadelrey-foals.png

JpgchiefRock Star 14

Hey @Jpgchief - happy holiday season ❄️☃️ /Christmas 🎄 to you too and to everyone coming across this thread! 

What an extraordinary year this has been - I'm hopeful in wishing that the next one will be on the opposite specter and full of good news for all.

As for a track, I know it's an oldie, but it never fails to transport me to a time in life where Christmas was magical. For me, it's the anthem of the holidays: spotify:track:6wn2nmFn3wDuiMldRiuRuL

I'll be checking out the Christmas tunes you shared till Christmas day, your suggestions are always pretty cool!

KaterinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Happy Holidays!

MattSudaSpotify Star

Really appreciate your kind words @Katerina hope you enjoy the Playlist and that one track it's classic no doubt. 

Cheers!!!

JpgchiefRock Star 14

This song always make me think of Christmas. Elite Beat Agents, anybody?

https://open.spotify.com/track/1sUQJeihi2iSAQOXtxRjkz

Thanks for continuing to share worthwhile music and good vibes, and for supporting my track in the past.  Here's a holiday song in return, since you been spreading the good spirit!

Cheers and Happy Holidays,

DC

https://open.spotify.com/album/5gQnoH8txpYEghkxrjsyea?si=2HAvTdGTRfeHKVX7VcwDsQ  

Thanks, @davissunn for sharing your track with all of us, merry Christmas my friend!!!

Added here.

Jpgchief_0-1608830036010.png

JpgchiefRock Star 14

Suggested posts