Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Music Friday

New Music Friday

Hey folks! This thread is a home for talking about new music releases you love  every Friday. 

If you'd like to take a look at what Indie Albums our Community Rock Star @Soundofus recommends each week, check out his blog here: New Indie Albums worth a listen

160 Replies

Artist: Killswitch Engage
Release: Incarnate
Year: new March 11th
Labels: Roadrunner Records
Style of Music: Metalcore/ heavy metal
Origins: Westfield, Mass, U.S.

A very good solid release, the second full release of material since the return of Jesse Leach back on vocal duties. A slight change up in sound and song direction with this release, with a bit more harmony music wise but enough metal edge to keep any metal head listening many times. Leach's voice is as strong as ever and hits in spots of a broader range of vocal abilities on this release.

I thought I would highlight a new release, a new one that is a little more laid back and calm compared to most of my posts of recent. At least until the new releases by Candlebox and Weezer drops that is. 🙂

Artist: 3 Doors Down
Release: Us and The Night
Year: new March 11th
Labels: Republic Records, UMG Recordings
Style of Music: Post grunge, hard rock, alternative rock, with a touch of pop rock influences here and there.
Origins: Escatawpa, Mississippi, U.S.

I like this release. I have always enjoyed the music work of 3 Doors Down to be honest, not many rock bands today can still do an honest Southern U.S. hard rock sound without sounding dipped way to far into country, or end up sounding like country rock pop or something. There is some really good catchy songs on this release. Also the album presents the work of new additions to the band of Chet Roberts on guitar and Justin Biltonen on bass. Take the whole release for a few listens, I had about four listens so far, some really good song structures going on with this release.

Artist: Soul Asylum
Release: Change of Fortune
Year: New March 18th
Labels: Entertainment One U.S.
Style of Music: Indie/Alternative Rock
Origins: Minneapolis, Minnesota, U.S.

Rather good output for the band this time, a good release throughout. Not a bad song in the bunch. Some really good alternative indie rock releases so far this year, as I tend to lean to harder rock styles of it. The releases by Soul Asylum, 3 Doors Down, The Cult, and even the singles off the soon to be released new album in April by Candlebox have had a really good music direction this year so far. Going to be some tough decisions come music awards time, with this many good solid indie alternative rock releases out already this early in the year. 🙂

Take this for a few listens as well, music listeners will not have wasted their time doing so.

HÆLOS - Full Circle

Genre: Electronic, Indie Pop

spotify:album:3kE0d3eZX1EjoWMeHQTvXQ

------------------------------------------------
Obscure best of 2017 | 2016 | 2015
Spotify | Last.fm | Bandcamp
Follow me

Love the new Damien Jurado album. 

This just came out two days ago. Man at War from Portland, Oregon featuring Gregory and the Hawk .

spotify:track:2UXi6WtxSCdOUmIUJOaNEi

Just click on your account! 🙂

Those Poor Bastards - Sing It Ugly

Genre: gothic country, folk

spotify:album:2Uh27tQXZdE8Ep6oYjeZmM

Follow me

Artist: Iggy Pop
Release: Post Pop Depression
Year: New March 18th
Labels: IGHO
Style of Music: Alternative rock/ art punk/ post punk/ art rock
Origins: Muskegon, Michigan, U.S.

Well Iggy Pop with collaboration from Josh Homme, they have both made a rather good release out of these nine new songs. They did the recording in Joshua Tree, California where some of the world's most famous music has been recorded before. And also gave birth too many California Fuzz 70's rock inspired modern day rock bands of today. The infamous Dessert Sessions was born from this recording studio in Joshua Tree.

Iggy and Homme put together some very good catchy tunes here in this release, the recorded content of course pays homage to the late Bowie.

Enjoy! a fun listen through and through.

Although Kygo has postponed his release date for his highly anticipated album Cloud Nine to the 13th of May, the fans of Kygo (like me) can have a listen to his newly released single. Last Friday the song 'Fragile' was released, with vocals of Labrinth.

Kygo - Fragile ft. Labrinth: https://open.spotify.com/track/0L6UCE1Y0KX3MF2AtxlntI

Genre: Tropical House vs. Indie Pop

- ivarify

Artist: Amon Amarth
Release: Jomsviking
Year: New March 25th
Labels: Metal Blade Records

Style of Music: Melodic death metal 
Origins: Tumba, Sweden

Any metal head that has followed this band's career, this band knows how to do this type of music, and they do it well. This release is no exception, it has some really nice punches and jabs in all the right places, and the lyrical content has an awesome Viking tragedy story. Even the Sorceresses herself Doro Pesch makes an appearance as well. Take this one for a few spins, metal heads will not be disappointed.

Line up:

Ted Lundström Bass
Olavi Mikkonen Guitars
Johan Hegg Vocals
Johan Söderberg Guitars
Tobias "Tobben" Gustafsson Drums
Doro Pesch Vocals (additional) (track 10)

Artist: Anthrax
Release: For All Kings
Year: New March 25th for U.S. & MX, February 26th everywhere else except CAN. 
Labels: Megaforce Records
Style of Music: Thrash/melodic metal
Origins: N.Y.C. U.S.

Well the new release is here and it heads in a bit of different direction musically. The release still has thrash elements but also just a straight forward metal direction, the band mixes it up here in musical metal forms on this release. The band has been moving into just a standard metal sound since the John Bush era of singing. This release is recorded well, and there is not a bad song in the bunch, but one should not get over hyped or have high expectations that this to be a Worship Music repeat, but this release is maybe a slight return to the bands earlier metal musical direction from earlier efforts before Worship Music. There is a slight Persistence of Time production throughout the music direction that I think the music critics have either overlooked or just ignored completely. Tis rather hard for a band who has started moving into a new direction sound wise to back track and try their hand at a repeat or a copy effort of say another Among the Living again, and the project not come off as weak or not work out all that well. So Anthrax's new release is worth a few spins to get into the bands new music direction, it is always a surprise to see what Anthrax can come up with in their recordings, and stay among the metal forces and bring in the crowds. Without further ado:

Artist: Artillery
Release: Penalty by Perception
Year: New March 25th
Labels: Metal Blade Records
Style of Music: Thrash/Speed Metal
Origins: Taastrup, Denmark

This is the same Artillery from the early thrash/speed days of metal in the early 80's, but now with a new lineup, as there have been many lineup changes over the years. This is a very good solid release for this type of music, Plenty of intensity and power behind the tracks, the singer Michael Bastholm Dahl has a powerful commanding voice and it fits well with this hard edge music here, this is the singer's second release with the band, the first being Legions. Any metal head will not be disappointed with this release at all.

Lineup for this release:

• Michael Bastholm Dahl – vocals
  • Michael Stützer – guitars
  • Morten Stützer – guitars
  • Peter Thorslund – bass
  • Josua Madsen – drums

please i need listen the music in my dreams,

Hello @adavila1 and welcome to the community,

Can you, please, be more clear in your request ? What kind of dream want you to have music for ?  Weird dream ? Wet dream in case of rainy day ? Nightmare ?

Something else ?

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Laura Sauvage - Extraordinormal

Genre: Singer/Songwriter, Indie Rock

https://open.spotify.com/album/1HJ9Bb1ztrOGjb4C9Ga0kE

Follow me

Artist: Metal Church
Release: XI
Year: new March 26th, although for some reason the content did not show up until the 30th on the artist page, maybe a glitch somewhere?
Labels: Rat Pak Records
Style of Music: Thrash/power metal
Origins: San Francisco, California, U.S.

This release has a slightly different feel and music direction, not sure how to point out the slight differences. All the songs are tight and well developed and should not disappointed listeners who lean towards harder edge music. I enjoy this release for the fact it has the return of Mike Howe back on vocal duties after a 23 year absence with the band, which is understandable for a few slight reasons due to the band's rocky history, and the death of original vocalist David Wayne, and various lineup changes throughout the band's existence. Well here it is and it is worth a few listens.

Currently Lineup:

Artist: Weezer
Release: White Album
Year: New April 1st
Labels: Crush Music / Atlantic Recording Company for the U.S. and Crush Music / WEA International Inc. worldwide.
Style of Music: Alternative rock / power pop / pop punk
Origins: L.A. California, U.S.

Well it is here, as about five of the tracks from the 10 track release was available as singles starting as early as the later part of 2015 until the drop date of April 1st. Like all Weezer releases, one knows instantly when it is heard who the artist is, they have their own signature sound and ways of recording music that is a standard with whatever they do. This release has a kind of surfer rock feel to this release, and some hints at the classic surfer rock vibe with some of the vocal harmony parts throughout the recording. This release is well worth a few listens and maybe then some. What with Spring and Summer soon to be upon us all, this release is sure to be a beach party favorite soon often on repeat listening mode. 🙂

Helly everyone!

May I introduce you guys Billie's latest EP - Talking Loud

Billie - Talking Loud (EP)

Radio stations transmitting live from Tomorrowland, deejays making noise in local festivals, rockers doing it with rappers, robots with a soul, jazz and dance are longtime companions, and nobody looks down on a synthesizer. The world stage nowadays bustles with brotherhood and sisterhood. Pop music has seldom been as multicolored and many-voiced.

Many worlds fuse together in singer Billie (Bentein, 29 jaar). Her first EP ‘Talking Loud’ embraces six songs and a panoply of vibes. Coupling her rather commercial vocals with the edgy sound of producer Bert Libeert (Goose) was a daring but diamond move. The result is at once accessible as it is challenging, intimate and uplifting. Pop music as clair-obscur, with a mercury voice lighting up in between robust, dark glowing electro beats.

Billie is an experienced sidekick and guest singer – the success of Netsky’s ‘Puppy/We Can Only Live Today’ was also her merit, and in no small measure. Now is the time to move front stage. In ‘Hideaway’ she sings about her insecurity, her feeling naked, but externalizing those personal emotions in a song is a supreme token of self-confidence. It is her who decides when and how to give herself, to grab that mic and take the floor.

Full discography

Hope you'll enjoy it!

Greets
Valerie

New Noise/Ambient album released the 1th of April by Swedish artist Multiface. Great tunes! 

https://open.spotify.com/album/2m6sSi20TCiVwoVdbIRj6w 

The track that goes on every morning right now, Handing Out Stones

Artist: Ace Frehley
Release: Origins, Vol. 1
Year: New, April 15th
Labels: Entertainment One U.S.
Style of Music: Hard Rock/metal
Origins: The Bronx, New York

A rather solid covers album release by the Space Ace. Several Kiss songs get a make over and an updated sound, songs Ace did not initially sing on, and one song Rock 'N' Roll Hell, from Creatures of the Night release that he only got an album credit but did not actually play on originally. Several musicians make guests appearances on the release to add their musical talents to the classic rock songs that have been worked over here, John 5, Paul Stanley, Slash, Lita Ford, and Mike McCready. The Spaceman's guitar sound and musical influence is all over this recording, and one gets a nice nostalgic feel of where Ace drew his guitar playing skills from. With this release being titled Vol.1, Ace fans can probable expect another covers release in the future as well.

Suggested posts