Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Music Tuesday Archive

New Music Tuesday Archive

I know a lot of users like the New Music Tuesday playlist but don't save the playlists or don't realize they update every week. I have gone through the trouble of keeping an archive each week since I first discovered the playlist. Currently I am missing three playlists: I am missing July 29th playlist, October 21st playlist, and October 28th playlist. If you have these in a personal playlist please link them. Also if you have any playlists from before also please link them.

New Music Tuesday 07.22.2014
New Music Tuesday 07.29.2014

New Music Tuesday 08.05.2014

New Music Tuesday 08.12.2014

New Music Tuesday 08.19.2014

New Music Tuesday 08.26.2014

New Music Tuesday 09.02.2014

New Music Tuesday 09.09.2014

New Music Tuesday 09.16.2014

New Music Tuesday 09.23.2014

New Music Tuesday 10.07.2014

New Music Tuesday 10.14.2014

39 Replies

How do I access the playlist that you linked? I try to click on the link and te page comes up blank. any suggestions? Thanks!

I was able to create the valid url from the information in the broken link. This should work

https://play.spotify.com/user/andreuha/playlist/3BLx9ad3ju8fErQE3q1YXr

Thank you SO MUCH for doing this!

Hi everyone,

I would like to share with you a solution I developed to remove the need for this webforum. I created a website to automatically archive the New Music Tuesday playlist each week. Check out the site below - simply click the download button to save playlists to your Spotify account. I have copied all the playlists from this forum to the website. Please let me know if you want any addtional playlists archived or have suggestions on website features.

Check it out @ spotifyunchained.com

Dude: You rock

"Check it out @ spotifyunchained.com "

When does it grab the track listing for NMT? I've noticed that the track list is often altered multiple times during the week. Would it be a bunch of effort to add (captured on YYYY-MM-DD) and capture the list whenever it changes during the week?

This might also be nice for backing up our own lists, so they get auto captured each (day?) time they change.
Mozilla!

@dearZac

Currently, the list gets polled and updated every 2 hours. When I first wrote the logic, I didn't notice that the NMT list gets updated from Spotify throughout the week. I think it would be fun to add in some addtional logic to run a diff during the capture and create a snapshot of the playlist.

Would you want only the changed tracks or the entire playlist?

I created an issue to keep track of the work. I'll pick it up later this week. Thanks for the feedback!

Nice work man! Absolutely brilliant. Thanks.

Thank you thank you for creating this! 

Do you have 4/7/2015

You can download it on my website after you sign in

spotifyunchained.com

You can download it on my website after you sign in

spotifyunchained.com

Is there an updated playlist for this week? My new Music Tuesday playlsit has not updated for this week (6/5/15 - 6/11/15)

I haven't seen an update for this week (Tuesday, July 7, 2015) either.

Album releases have been moved to Friday for the music industry: http://www.engadget.com/2015/07/07/rip-new-music-tuesday-hello-new-music-friday/
Mozilla!

Wow, I totally forgot about that change. Eitherway, the site will update every 2 hours, so once the new playlist is updated, you should get it in less than 2 hours. I might need to change the sync date from tuesday. I'll see if I can put something together in the next few weeks.

The website has been updated to reflect New Music Friday. I also fixed last weeks playlist that got wiped out. This Fridays list is already there but and is really just a copy from last weeks but will update itself on Friday. We should be a all good until Spotify moves it to New Music Saturday 🙂

Let me know if you find any issues.

https://spotifyunchained.com

I'm still going to be updating all of the links manually and posting them in here in the event your website/app go down. I haven't updated them in a while since I had been working 100 hour weeks for the past six months but will post the rest of them shortly.

Suggested posts