Announcements

New to Spotify - coworkers issue in the office

New to Spotify - coworkers issue in the office

ChriSKate
Casual Listener

Hey everyone,

I just got my premium Spotify account, I even got a great playlist from a friend of mine and it's pretty awesome so far.

Yesterday I found out that some of my co workers have this stupid habit of trolling others in the office. When someone takes a sick day or doesn't show up for any reason, they use this person's Spotify to play songs she/he hates on purpose so that person will  be recommended songs she/he hates later...

They think it's funny, but I don't really like the idea of it happening to me (since everyone here knows exactly what music I don't like, I'm an easy target).

I know there's the option to go to our account pages, and click on 'sign out everywhere'. But I wanted to ask, if there's a simpler way, like, maybe to lock Spotify whenever I'm not on my PC at the office. (Can't lock the PC itself coz it's needed for tests occasionally).

Thanks!

2 Replies

Re: New to Spotify - coworkers issue in the office

Maxim
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @ChriSKate,

You can log out of your account on your office computer. That way, your colleagues won't be able to access your account anymore. 

And when you're back in the office, you just sign back in 🙂

MaximRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Re: New to Spotify - coworkers issue in the office

ChriSKate
Casual Listener

I already mentioned that I know of the option to log out, and if you mean log out before I leave the office everyday, that's just a hassle to log in everyday.
When you take a sick day you usually don't know you're about to do it in advance, so you can't log out just before that one day that you'll get up in the morning and feel sick.

I guess that just brings us back to the 'sign out everywhere' option. A lock feature would be nice. Like a pin/pass code when someone 'wakes' my PC. So he/she should be required to enter a simple 4 digit combination or something 🙂

SUGGESTED POSTS