Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No more Library?

No more Library?

with the recent upgrade i dont see the home library anymore.

i could always find a particular track in that library button if  wasn't able to locate a track in a particular playlist.

now what?

now it seems i have to re-save all tracks so they show in the songs or ablum tab.....

or 

is there another way to see your entire library in one place ?

if i drag and drop all my playlist  into a new folder then there will be multiple duplicates in that new combo folder.

any other ideas? 

25 Replies

From my understanding, you could not put songs directly to the old library, just into playlists.  However, when you put a song into a playlist, it would then appear into the library, and if I ever deleted a playlist, all my songs would still be in the library so that I could then make new playlists.  The other issue I am having is that not only can I not access all of my old songs from the old library, but that those songs are still taking up memory on my phone.  @brotman I think it is competele reasonable to have our accounts credited some for these issues and hassles.

I was going back and for a bit with spotify support, but I have included below the two responses I have received.  Have not had a chance to try either method yet, but I will reply back when I do.

>Looking over your last email I can happily say that if you ever delete a play list and thing "nooooo, what have I done" you can log into your account on our website and go to the "recover playlists" section.  Here you will find all of your old old playlists waiting eagerly to be reunited with you.

>If the app is still using memory then you'll need to clear your cache. You can visit this link on your mobile to reinstall;
http://m.spotify.com
This link will automatically detect the most recent compatible version of our app for your phone.

The Library view was never available on mobile devices as far as I know.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

No it wasn't, but I had them all downloaded for "offline play."

Yeah, I get you now! Sadly, it is a long standing issue (especially on iOS):
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod-Touch/Clear-Cache-Button-Needed/m-p/671808...

Peter

peter ,   now i'm back to this subject and it seems you are the spotify rep.

so how is it now explained that the local files are not compatible to the "your music" tab. ....prior to the change all was in my library.....now i need to toggle between the local file and "songs" to get access to all my paid for rental tracks from spotify .... or re-save them which mean i need to go thru all and see what is in the local files but now not in my "library" or as spotiy calls it "my music" except it's not !

what is the link to begin the process to ask for a refund and then a canceling of my premium account

this is terrible

You can get in touch with the customer services guys from here:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

Peter

Suggested posts