Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Oldies] Pop, 60's, 70's, Rock'n' roll, Blues, Rhythm 'n' blues, Folk

[Oldies] Pop, 60's, 70's, Rock'n' roll, Blues, Rhythm 'n' blues, Folk

Hello !!

Welcome all ..... if you wish

Blues : Mississippi - vol 1

The Delta blues is one of the earliest styles of blues music. It originated in the Mississippi Delta, a region of the United States that stretches from Memphis, Tennessee in the north to Vicksburg, Mississippi in the south, Helena, Arkansas in the west to the Yazoo River on the east. The Mississippi Delta area is famous both for its fertile soil and its poverty. Guitar, harmonica and cigar box guitar are the dominant instruments used, with slide guitar (usually on the steel guitar) being a hallmark of the style. The vocal styles range from introspective and soulful to passionate and fiery. Delta blues is also regarded as a regional variation of country blues. ( Wikipedia )

100 Replies

Hello !

Rhythm 'n' blues - Vol.9 ( 50's - 70's )

""

Hello !

60's - 70's - Pop, Rock, Classic, Garage, Psychedelic - Vol.18

""

Hello !

60's - 70's - Pop, Rock, Classic, Garage, Psychedelic - Vol.19

""

I'm new here, first post. I've been snooping around a bit 'til I got here. I stayed. Too good.

I always knew I liked blues, folk, verry old sounds, etc., but never took the time to try and discover.

Thanks to you ghyst and to Spotify, that's what I'm doing 🙂

But to share more accuratly my experience :

You know that special, overwhelming, pounding heartbeat? The one you had when you first fell in love? When you subtly try for the first time to touch her hand with yours? The one right before the first kiss?

To me, listening to an old forgotten song, or a song I've been looking for for years, or instantly loving a song after the first listening gives me that same powerfull, loving-life feeling.

Because of you ghysl, I've been having orgasm after orgasm of that feeling for the last few hours, and I thank you also in advance for the next few weeks of music discovery and orgasms 😉

You are an accomplish wild cat, friend.

Keep up the good work and don't stop sharing.

Hello!

Welcome to the community !

and thank you for all these kudos  Smiley SurprisedSmiley Surprised

Hello !

Old time Music - Hillbilly Music - Vol.3

""

Hello !

Rock 'n' roll, Rockabilly, Psychobilly, Punk and more - vol.18

""

Hello !

60's - 70's - Pop, Rock, Classic, Garage, Psychedelic - Vol.20

""

Hello !

Lead Belly : The Smithsonian Folkways Collection ( 121 titles ) ( Smithsonian Folkways Recording - 2015 )

Lead Belly ( Leadbelly ) was born Huddie William Ledbetter on the Jeter Plantation near Mooringsport, Louisiana in either January 1888 or 1889.
Huddie William Ledbetter (January 20, 1888 – December 6, 1949) was an American folk and blues musician notable for his strong vocals, virtuosity on the twelve-string guitar, and the songbook of folk standards he introduced.
Although Lead Belly usually played the twelve-string guitar, he could also play the piano, mandolin, harmonica, violin, and "windjammer" (diatonic accordion). In some of his recordings he sings while clapping his hands or stomping his foot.
The topics of Lead Belly's music covered a wide range, including gospel; blues about women, liquor, prison life, and racism; and folk songs about cowboys, prison, work, sailors, cattle herding, and dancing. He also wrote songs about people in the news, such as Franklin D. Roosevelt, Adolf Hitler, Jean Harlow, the Scottsboro Boys, and Howard Hughes.
Lead Belly was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1988 and the Louisiana Music Hall of Fame in 200

( Wikipedia )

My Selection :

""

Hello !

The Groundhogs ( 60's 70's ........... )

Groundhogs are a British rock band founded in late 1963, that toured extensively in the 1960s, achieved prominence in the early 1970s and continued sporadically into the 21st century.
The band was originally formed as The Dollar Bills in New Cross, London in 1962 by brothers Pete and John Cruickshank (born in 1943 and 1945 respectively[1] in Calcutta, West Bengal, India). Tony McPhee (born 1944), the lead guitarist in an instrumental group called the Shcenuals, joined the group later that same year. McPhee steered them towards the blues and renamed them after a John Lee Hooker song, "Groundhog's Blues".

""

Hello !

60's - 70's - Pop, Rock, Classic, Garage, Psychedelic - Vol.21

Hello !

Rory Gallagher ( 1966- 1995 )

Rory Gallagher (born March 2, 1948 in Ballyshannon in Ireland, died June 14, 1995 in London, England) is a guitarist, singer, composer and producer of Irish blues rock, known worldwide as the founder of the Taste group and for his career solo.
Rory Gallagher is considered one of the most influential musicians in history and one of the best blues rock guitarists. Sales of her records are estimated at over 30 million copies worldwide ( Wikipedia )

""

Hello !

The Electric Prunes ( 1965 - 1969 )  ( 2001- 2014 )

The Electric Prunes are an American psychedelic rock band, formed in Los Angeles, California, in 1965. Much of the band's music was, as music historian Richie Unterberger ( American author and journalist whose focus is popular music and travel writing ) described it, possessed of "an eerie and sometimes anguished ambiance", and, early on, mainly consisted of material by songwriters Annette Tucker and Nancie Mantz, though the group also penned their own songs.Combining elements of psychedelia and electronic rock, the band's sound was marked by innovative recording techniques with fuzz-toned guitars and oscillating sound effects. In addition, guitarist Ken Williams' and singer James Lowe's concept of "free-form garage music" provided the band with a richer sonic palette and exploratory lyrical structure than many of their contemporaries.

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Electric_Prunes )

5 albums between 1965 and 1969, and an unexpected return to the mid-2000s (2001- 2006) a new album in 2014s

My Selection:

""

Hello !

Rock'n'Roll ( 1950 - Today )

""

Hello !

Donovan - The Best, My Best ( 60's )

No Comments

""

Hello !

Muddy Waters

McKinley Morganfield (April 4, 1913 – April 30, 1983), known by his stage name Muddy Waters, was an American blues musician. He is often considered the "father of modern Chicago blues".(Wikipedia )

Muddy Waters Biography

His first records date from 1941, the last 1981
My Selection:

""

Hello !

Funky Party vol.2  ( 1970's - 2000's )

""

Hello !

Rock'n'Roll ( 1950 - Today ) 2

""

Hello !

60's - 70's - Pop, Rock, Classic, Garage, Psychedelic - Vol.22