Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Original version, and copy (good or bad)

Original version, and copy (good or bad)

hello !

New game ( If you want ! )

Everything is in the title

If the author died around 1752 (traditional)
No original version (of course)

Example With "On the road Again" By Canned heat ( 1968 )

And Stalwax EP ( Copy ) - 2008

162 Replies

Hello !

As tears Go By  (1964 / 1965 )

As Tears Go By" was one of the first original compositions by Jagger and Richards, as until that point The Rolling Stones had chiefly been performing blues standards. A story surrounding the song's genesis has it that Rolling Stones manager Andrew Loog Oldham locked Jagger and Richards in a kitchen in order to force them to write a song together, even suggesting what type of song he wanted: “I want a song with brick walls all around it, high windows and no sex.” The result was initially named “As Time Goes By”, the title of the song Dooley Wilson sings in the film Casablanca. It was Oldham who replaced ” Time" with “Tears". According to Jagger biographer Philip Norman, the song was mainly created by Jagger, in co-operation with session guitarist Big Jim Sullivan

"As Tears Go By" is a song written by Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, and Rolling Stones' manager Andrew Loog Oldham. It was released as a single by Marianne Faithfull in 1964 and peaked at #9 in the United Kingdom.The Rolling Stones recorded their own version later, releasing the track in late 1965 on the album December's Children (And Everybody's) and subsequently as a single in North America.

Greenfields

TheBrothers Four are an American folk singing group, founded in 1957 in Seattle, Washington, known for their 1960 hit song "Greenfields"

Greenfields - Faultline (with Michael Stipe ( REM)) – Your Love Means Everything ( 2002 )

Hello !

Tiger Mountain Peasant Song

Fleet Foxes is a Grammy-nominated American indie folk band that was formed in Seattle, Washington. It is signed to the Sub Pop and Bella Union record labels. The band came to prominence in 2008 with the release of its second EP, Sun Giant, and its first album Fleet Foxes. Both received much critical praise and reviewers often noted the band's use of refined lyrics and vocal harmonies. Fleet Foxes' second studio album, Helplessness Blues, was released on 3 May 201ar

Tiger Mountain Peasant Song - Danny Givertz ( Dolores Park - 2013 )

Bon Iver - Holocene

The Pitchforks - Holocene

The Power of Love

Frankie Goes To Hollywood from the 1984 Album Welcome To The Pleasure Dome

The Power Of Love - Gabrielle Aplin from the 2013 album English rain

Both versions are pretty good...... Enjoy!!

Hello !

Baby Bitc.h - Ween ( Chocolate and Cheese - 1994 )

Chocolate and Cheese is the fourth studio album by Ween, originally released by Elektra Records in 1994. It was the first Ween album to eschew the crude four-track home recordings of their first three albums and utilize a professional recording studio.

Baby Bitc.h - Jon Auer ( 6 1/2 - 2001 )

Hello !

Blues run The Game - Jackson C. Frank ( 1965 )

Jackson Carey Frank (March 2, 1943 – March 3, 1999) was an American folk musician. Although he released only one official album in his lifetime and never achieved much commercial success, he influenced several better-known singer-songwriters such as Paul Simon, Sandy Denny, and Nick Drake.

"Blues Run the Game" is a song written and performed by Jackson C. Frank and originally appeared on his eponymous album ( 1965 ). The song has been performed by various other artists, such as Johan Asherton, Simon and Garfunkel, Sandy Denny, Nick Drake, John Renbourn and Eddi Reader, and later by Bert Jansch, Counting Crows, John Mayer, Colin Meloy, Robin Pecknold, Soulsavers, Jack Steadman, Hidden Highways, Headless Heroes, Mark Lanegan, and Laura Marling.  ( wikipedia )

Blues Run the Game - Alela Diane With Headless Heroes ( The Silence Of Love - 2008 )

Ooops! Already posted! Sorry !!

Hello !

Needle In The Hay - Elliott Smith ( 1995 )

Needle in the Hay" is a single by American singer-songwriter Elliott Smith, released on January 1, 1995 by record label Kill Rock Stars as the sole single from his second studio album

Juliana Hatfield (born July 27, 1967) is an American musician and singer-songwriter from the Boston area. She was formerly of the indie rock bands Blake Babies and Some Girls and now performs as a solo artist, and as one half of Minor Alps, alongside Matthew Caws of Nada Surf. In December 2014, Paste Magazine named her cover of the "Needle in the Hay", a song by Elliott Smith, as No. 10 one of the "20 Best Cover Songs of 2014." ( Wikipedia )

Hello !

People Are Strange

"People Are Strange" is a single released by The Doors in September 1967, from their second album Strange Days which was also released in September 1967. The single peaked at the number 12 position of the U.S. Hot 100 chart and made it to the top ten in the Cash Box charts. It was written by Robby Krieger and Jim Morrison although credit was given to The Doors evenly.

Johnny Hollow, often abbreviated JH, is a Canadian electronic music group formed in 2001 in Guelph. The band is composed of singer Janine White, digital artist Vincent Marcone, cellist Kitty Thompson and guitarist Steve Hiehn.

( Wikipedia )

Hello !

Electric Light Orchestra - Mr. Blue Sky ( Out Of The Blue - 1977 )

Electric Light Orchestra (ELO) are a British rock group from Birmingham, England, who released eleven studio albums between 1971 and 1986 and another album in 2001. ELO was formed to accommodate Roy Wood's and Jeff Lynne's desire to create modern rock and pop songs with classical overtones. .

( Wikipedia )

Mr. Blue Sky -The Delgados ( The Complete BBC Peel Sessions - 2006 )

Sweet Child O'Mine - Gun's N' Roses ( Appetite For Destruction )

Sweet Child O' Mine" is a song by American hard rock band Guns N' Roses, and the third single from their 1987 debut studio album, Appetite for Destruction. Released on August 17, 1988, the song topped the Billboard Hot 100 chart, becoming the band's first and only number-one single in the U.S. Billboard ranked it as the No. 5 song for 1988. It reached number six on the UK Singles Chart, when re-released in 1989.

Sweet Child O'Mine - Taken By Trees ( 2008 )

Hello !

Shake Sugaree - Elizabeth Cotten And Brenda Evans ( 60's )

A self-taught left-handed guitarist, Cotten developed her own original style. Her approach involved using a right-handed guitar (usually in standard tuning), not re-strung for left-handed playing, essentially, holding a right-handed guitar upside down. This position required her to play the bass lines with her fingers and the melody with her thumb. Her signature alternating bass style has become known as "Cotten picking".

Cotten had retired from the guitar for 25 years, except for occasional church performances. She didn't begin performing publicly and recording until she was in her 60s. She was discovered by the folk-singing Seeger family while she was working for them as a housekeeper.

The new-found interest in her work inspired her to write more material to play, and in 1967 she released a record created with her grandchildren, which took its name from one of her songs, Shake Sugaree.

Shake Sugaree - Rhiannon Giddens ( Tomorrow Is My Turn - 2015 )

Hello !

You Know I'm No Good - Amy Winehouse (Back To Black - 2006)

You Know I'm No Good - Dj Style (The Sytlish One - 2014) 

Hello!

Tiger Mountain Pleasant Song - Fleet Foxes

Fleet Foxes is a Grammy-nominated American indie folk band that was formed in Seattle, Washington. It is signed to the Sub Pop and Bella Union record labels. The band came to prominence in 2008 with the release of its second EP, Sun Giant, and its first album Fleet Foxes. Both received much critical praise and reviewers often noted the band's use of refined lyrics and vocal harmonies.

( Wikipedia )

Danny Givertz: Dolores Park" is the anticipated debut solo album of a soulful crooner who has recently emerged on the California music scene. This collection is a stunning song cycle drawn from indie rock, folk pop, Americana and world music. ( cdbaby.com )

Fall At My Feet by New Zealand/Australian band Crowded House is the original version. This song was released in 1991 off the album Woodface. Then in 2010,  Australian radio station Triple j released an album called He Will Have His Way which is a compilation album featuring male Australian and New Zealand musicians performing songs written by Neil Finn and Tim Finn.

Fall At My Feet - The original version.

Fall At Your Feet - From the album He Will Have His Way by Australian folk rock band Boy & Bear

Born Slippy (Nuxx)- Underworld (1996)

Born Slippy (Nuxx)- Get Well Soon (2008) 

Hello !

beautiful version of "get well soon" !

Thanks !

@ghysl, glad you like it !
This version is so far away from the original !

All Along the Watchtower, done first by Bob Dylan, then Jimi Hendrix.

If you liked my post, please send me some "kudos"!

If I solved a problem for you, please click the "accept as solution" tab.

FOLLOW ME AND I WILL FOLLOW YOU (just let me know you followed me)

KAREN ON LAST.FM

Karen's Twitter

Hello !

Just What I Needed - The cars ( 1978 )

The Cars are an American rock band that emerged from the new wave scene in the late 1970s. The band originated in Boston, Massachusetts, with lead singer, rhythm guitarist and songwriter Ric Ocasek,The Cars were at the forefront in merging 1970s guitar-oriented rock with the new synth-oriented pop that was then becoming popular and which would flourish in the early 1980s. The Cars started fresh with their debut album The Cars which went on to go platinum in late 1978. The Cars' debut album was called a "genuine rock masterpiece" by AllMusic. The most successful and well known song from the album, "Just What I Needed", started as a demo in 1977. ( wikipedia )

Just What I Needed - Toshi Reagon ( Toshi - 2002 )

Suggested posts