Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Original version, and copy (good or bad)

Original version, and copy (good or bad)

hello !

New game ( If you want ! )

Everything is in the title

If the author died around 1752 (traditional)
No original version (of course)

Example With "On the road Again" By Canned heat ( 1968 )

And Stalwax EP ( Copy ) - 2008

162 Replies

Hello!

Billie Jean

Michael Jackson - Single Version ( 1983 )

The Patrotic Sunday - Jonas ( Single 2009 )

The civil Wars - ( 4 titles - 2013 )

Original:

Trent Reznor / Nine Inch Nails

"Hurt"

Cover (I prefer this version!):

Johnny Cash

"Hurt"

hello !

Mad World - Tears for Fears -1982 ( original )

Gary Jules, Michael Andrews - 2002

Jasmine Thompson - 2014

original:

Télépopmusik

"Breathe"

cover:

New Navy

"Breathe"

Hello !

Nick Drake - Cello Song - 1969 ( Original )

The Walkabouts - Cello song ( Death Valley Days - 1996 )

Nick Drake? Instantly had to think about another song of him that was covered by Maximo Park (> Northern Sky)

Okay wait, Maximo Park? They did another cover:

Original:

Mazzy Star

"Fade Into You"

Cover:

Maxïmo Park

"Fade Into You" 

Hello !

The version of Maximo park is not available on spotify France, but I listened to soundcloud: It is excellent

Thanks !

Oh, too bad! Didn't know that.. Yes, I love this cover and I love that it's the last song of the special edition = the perfect ending / outfading of it 🙂

Hello !

Do You Really Want To Hurt me - Culture Club  ( 1982 )

Violent Femmes ( 1991 ) ( Super Version )

Original:

Cyndi Lauper

"Girls Just Wanna Have Fun"

Cover:

STRFKR (Starf*cker)

"Girls Just Want To Have Fun"

(NOTE: UNFORTUNATELY THIS COVER IS NOT AVAILABLE IN MY COUNTRY ANYMORE. It can only be played in some regions of America. Here is the youtube link of the cover: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UodDJEE49V0)

By the way: it was so much fun to see those guys covering the song live 2 or 3 years ago. It was a great party!

Hello !

The Jeweller - Pearls Before Swine - 1970

Pearls Before Swine was an American psychedelic folk band formed by Tom Rapp in 1965 in Eau Gallie, now part of Melbourne, Florida. They released six albums between 1967 and 1971, before Rapp launched a solo career.

This Mortal Coil ( 1986 )

This Mortal Coil was a project led by Ivo Watts-Russell, founder of the British record label 4AD.( founded in 1979 )Although Watts-Russell and John Fryer were technically the only two official members, the band's recorded output featured a large rotating cast of supporting artists, many of whom were signed to, or otherwise associated with, 4AD. About half of the songs released were cover versions, often of 1960s and 1970s psychedelic and folk acts ( The jeweller - Pearls before swine ). On each of the band's three LPs, at least one song would also be a cover of a 4AD artist, and most of the original songs were instrumentals. ( Wikipedia )

Hello !

"Love Will Tear Us Apart" is a song by Joy Division. It was written in August 1979

Joy Division, British post-punk band formed in Manchester in 1976 that disbanded in 1980 after the suicide of lead vocalist Ian Curtis. The discography comprises two studio albums, four live albums, twelve compilation albums, three extended plays, and five singles.

Cover of "Alabama" in 2012 From the album “ Peace In The Valley ..... Till We Get The Key To The Mansion On The Hill

Cover of “Evelyn Evelyn” – 2010 From the album “ Evelyn Evelyn “

Cover of “Son Of The Velvet Rat” - 2004 From the album “By My Side”

Hello !

Reason To Believe - Tim Hardin - 1965

James Timothy "Tim" Hardin (December 23, 1941 – December 29, 1980)[1] was an American folk musician and composer. He wrote the Top 40 hit "If I Were a Carpenter", covered by, among others, Bobby Darin, Joan Baez, Johnny Cash, The Four Tops, Robert Plant, and Johnny Rivers; his song "Reason to Believe" has also been covered by many artists, notably Rod Stewart (who had a chart hit with the song) and The Carpenters

Reason to believe - Rod Stewart - 1971

Hello!

Tomorrow Never Knows - Beatles ( 1966 )

Tomorrow Never Knows" is a Beatles song ( 1966 ). The Beatles are not in spotify. So no original version, but a few copy

Phil collins - Face Value ( 1981 )

Suns Of Arqa – Through The Gate We Go ( 2008 )

Mark Nelson - In From The Cold ( 2013 )

Junior Parker ( Yes The black Rocker ( R&B )of 50's ) (1971 )

Hello !

The Model - Kraftwerk ( The Man Machine -1978 )

"Das Model" (spelling on album: "Das Modell"; English version title: "The Model") is a song recorded by the German group Kraftwerk in 1978, written by musicians Ralf Hütter and Karl Bartos, with artist Emil Schult collaborating on the lyrics. It is featured on the album, Die Mensch-Maschine (English version title: The Man-Machine).

The Model - Fink ( Little Blue Mailbox - 2007 )

Hello !

Message In A Bottle - Police ( 1979 )

"Message in a Bottle" is a song by English rock band The Police, from their second studio album, Reggatta de Blanc.

The song was released as the first single from Reggatta de Blanc in September 1979

Message in a Bottle - Bhi-Bhiman ( Substitute Preacher - 2013 )

wow, I totally enjoy the original but the cover is awesome too!! @user-removed 

Original:

The Kooks

"Naïve"

Cover (not so good in my opinion.. cuz love Luke Pritchards voice):

Lily Allen

"Naïve"

Hello !!

Biko - Peter gabriel

"Biko" is a protest song by British rock musician Peter Gabriel. The song was included on Gabriel's third album, Peter Gabriel (1980). It is about Steve Biko, a noted black South African anti-apartheid activist.

Biko - Robert Wyatt ( EPs - 1999 )

Biko - Simple minds ( 1989 )

Hello !

Alone Again Or - Love  ( 1967 )

Love was an American rock group of the late 1960s and early 1970s. They were led by singer/songwriter Arthur Lee[2] who wrote most of the songs, although some of their best known songs were written by Bryan MacLean. One of the first racially diverse American pop bands, their music reflected different influences, combining elements of rock and roll, garage rock, folk and psychedelia.

"Alone Again Or" is a song originally recorded in 1967 by Love . It appears on the album Forever Changes, and was released as a single in the USA, UK, Australia, France and Holland.

Alone Again Or - Calexico ( 2003 )

Suggested posts