Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Private messages

Solved!

Private messages

Could someone tell this new person to Spotify (me) how one goes about sending/receiving private messages? I read on how to do so but I can't find the envelope it mentioned.

Thank you,

Leeflea.

80 Replies

@chelle223 wrote:

I lost a playlist and sent in a request for it to be recovered.  I got sent an email saying that I had a PM waiting for me, but I have no envelope at the top of my screen.  Can someone help me?

Log out and in again and you should be able to see it 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Sometimes I wonder if Microsoft bought Spotify... I've got the same problem, so I'm posting this, hoping to be able to see that private message..

Posting once, so I have permissions

also not seeing it and got the email. i have posted to the forums

Try logging out and back in again 😉 

Peter

Peter

I also got an e-mail from spotify saying I have a private message waiting for me. It was sent just after I posted a comment on another post. I cannot open or find any private messages, though.

Try logging out and back in again.

Email says I have private messages. Get them??

Click on the little green envelope at the top right under the search button.

I am receiving emails telling me that I have new private messages. However, I also do not have the green envelope icon, and when I click the link mentioned earlier, I get an access denied.

http://community.spotify.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Access Denied

Log out and back in and try again.

I also don't see that button. Re-loging in doesn't seem to help.

Edit: Button now is visible.

Apparently if I post a message like this one, I will get a magical envelope, despite having posted once already and having logged in a handful of times. Here's hoping.

Edit: It works, but the three messages were all to tell me that I'd gained a new level (the last of which allowed me to view private messages). Emailing a user to say they have a private message but not allowing them to see those messages seems quite a lot like trolling 🙂 The flow could do with some work.

Private messages must be Spotify's attempt at trolling. 

If they aren't trying to troll us, then why don't they just add a link to the message in the emails they keep sending.

Seems like they are purposely sending us on a wild goose chase.

@user-removed wrote:

Private messages must be Spotify's attempt at trolling. 

If they aren't trying to troll us, then why don't they just add a link to the message in the emails they keep sending.

Seems like they are purposely sending us on a wild goose chase.

Except the community system is not owned by Spotify, Lithium maintain the Spotify community. 

Peter

Peter

I'm having the same problem. . . I feel like the messages are probably just from Spotify, though

Me neither...

Hi everyone. I've been evaluating the ranking system over the months, seeing how formulas work and how people use the community.

Ideally, instead of an email saying you received a Private Message, everyone would just get an email saying "Hey congrats, you just reached a new rank!" Unfortunately the forum software we use doesn't allow for that functionality.

Your feedback is important though, and makes sense, so today I'll make some more changes and make sure that new users can use the Private Messaging system as soon as they get that first email to say they've received a Private Message.

I apologize for the confusion.

Community Ergo Sum

Hopefully this will save some random community posts just so people can access PMs, although I have to say some of the replies have been rather humourous with people posting the most random of things to get their PMs!

Peter

Peter

@Peter wrote:

... some of the replies have been rather humourous with people posting the most random of things to get their PMs!

Peter

That IS secretly why I did it 🙂

Community Ergo Sum

Suggested posts