Announcements

Problems connecting behind Zyxel router

Problems connecting behind Zyxel router

_Anaxagoras_
Casual Listener

In my house I have a Zywall 5 router and an airport express for wifi. When I try connect to spotify I get the message "You are offline. connect to internet and try again. I have no problem connecting to internet with Safari. same thing happens at work where we also have a zyxel router.

No problems connecting at flat in town where I have a TP-link router and also an airport express for wifi or on mobile 4G network. Are there any known issues with zyxel routers and spotify?

5 Replies

Re: Problems connecting behind Zyxel router

osornios
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

@_Anaxagoras_

Have you tried to see if it's just your device, or all devices in the same network?

osorniosRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

clifford850r
Casual Listener

it's not your gear. This is a known problem with the app that Spotify refuses tu address. People have been having wifi connectivity issues since 2012. All you can do is wait and see if the send out another Fvck arss update that may or may not fix it. They won't answer you or address this issue with you, so don't even bother. They don't have a call dented or customer support center because they don't want to get cussed out all day for taking people's money and then bailing like the bunch of baboon butt craters they are. 

_Anaxagoras_
Casual Listener

It is all devices.

_Anaxagoras_
Casual Listener

I don't think the problem is with the router or wifi.

As there is a business version it is likely that Spotify keeps track of IP adresses and blocks trafick from companys.

I will ask around my friends and see if they have similar problems at work but not at home.

osornios
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

@_Anaxagoras_

I asked because someone else posted about problems with a Zyxel router and noticed only one computer had the problem.

Check the thread out:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Other-Partners-Windows/Spotify-Behind-company-firewall-IT-Admi...

osorniosRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
SUGGESTED POSTS