Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

RIP Sean Connery - what's your favourite James Bond song?

RIP Sean Connery - what's your favourite James Bond song?

Sad to see the legend Sean Connery passed away. 

What's your favourite James Bond song? Would be cool if we can keep it from a film that he was in.

I'm starting with https://open.spotify.com/track/7e3RGqZ2FkFmcInDdgfJze

4 Replies

Sad indeed @Loneliest_Cabin, especially when it happens to someone who you thought would live forever and could not imagine not being alive.

At first I thought I didn't have anything to share here (my younger brother is the JB fanatic in the family and knows way more than I do), but then I remembered this banger...

https://open.spotify.com/track/5ZaYzUFPM4Sd9wtiOy1uME

My older brother listened to a lot of Moby when we were little, and I must have come across this song when listening to one of his CDs. I remember loving it especially for the exchange at 2:05 between James Bond and Goldfinger (taken from GoldenEye, Wikipedia tells me) - I loved doing my (terrible) impression of it 😄

Wikipedia also gives a pretty good summary of how this track came about, if you're interested:

Spoiler
American electronica musician Moby produced a remixed version of the theme entitled "James Bond Theme (Moby's Re-Version)" for the Bond film Tomorrow Never Dies. It first appeared as the second track on I Like to Score, a compilation of Moby's songs used in films, and later featured as the fifteenth and final track on the Tomorrow Never Dies soundtrack album. Moby has said "It did feel a little strange remixing something that was perfect in its original state", further admitting that he "still thinks the original is miles better than the version I did". 

Lulu : To Sir With Love.

You Only Live Twice is my favorite Connery Bond song too, excellent choice!

Hi folks, 

My favorite James Bond track is GoldenEye by Tina Turner. The movie has the same name and came out 1995 with Pierce Brosnan as Bond. I love the dramatical orchestration in the song and the video as well. 

spotify:track:52gyKQAogIdvABzuwRnr5b 

Suggested posts