Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Share your 3 from 3 from 1 playlist - Three songs, three albums, one artist

Share your 3 from 3 from 1 playlist - Three songs, three albums, one artist

Take three songs from three albums from one artist.

Please name the playlists "3 from 3 from 1 - (Artist name)" to make them easy to search for on Spotify.

So here´s my first: 3 from 3 from 1 - Frank Zappa

130 Replies

Hey @leavingthevoid

Nice idea! Here's one from me: 3 from 3 from 1 - Mogwai.

I think I've got to less than half of their albums though. I tried to stick so they're all a similar style. Maybe another thread could be '3 from 6 from 1'  😛

Yeah, its quite a lot of bands it going to be a real challenge to pick out just a few songs from a few albums from. So a “3 from 6 from 1” is a nice idea. If no one else wants to start it, I do it some day soon.

3 from 3 from 1 - Primus

This list contains a band with many sides, and that a lot of people either love or hate. I have tried to select tunes where the band stick to the most straightforward rock music they offer. Though it always end with a few progressive tunes from Primus for me. Still good rock music.

This is cool. They're totally different songs to the ones I might've picked. But like you say, the best way to get into Primus is with the more 'approachable' songs

Cool to hear your opinion on the selection!

A friend asked me once: "You have to be a bit weird to like Primus, don´t you?"

"You don´t, but it helps."

Coz in the end you also have to get a long with the bands weirdness to dive deep into their music, i belive.

And if you asked me to give a list with my favourites, I don´t think I would manage it.

Yeah, I agree.

I first got into it while I was learning to play bass. So I just sat there in awe of Les Claypool. I've always enjoyed they use the bass for the riffs, rather than just guitar with the bass in the background. And it's just sort of gone from there for me

This is a great idea for a thread. Caught these guys at a show in Stockholm last week so I made a 3 from 3 fron 1 playlist for The Antlers:

I figured out that lots of my current favorite musicians didn't release more than 1 or 2 albums.. But I was listening to Bonobo again this day (after a while) and decided to choose him for my first 3-3-1 playlist 🙂

Hello )

3/3/1  Good idea !! ........ Thanks

Television Personalities

"Television Personalities" Punk? post punk? Since 1978 and more than 10 albums, they surprise with their music and singing very weird of Dan Treacy ......... I love

Hello !!

Yo La Tengo  ( 3 from 3 from 1 )

Fade is the thirteenth full-length album by Hoboken-based rock band Yo La Tengo. It was produced by John McEntire, instead of Roger Moutenot, who had produced all their albums since 1993's Painful. It was recorded at Soma in Chicago, in the summer of 2012. It was released on January 15, 2013. ( Wikipedia )

Genius + Love = Yo La Tengo is a 2-disc compilation album by Yo La Tengo, consisting of rarities, alternate versions, and out-takes, spanning 1988 to 1995. The album was released on Matador in 1996; a Japanese version with two extra tracks appeared in 1998. ( Wikipedia )

I Can Hear the Heart Beating as One is the eighth studio album by the American indie rock band Yo La Tengo, released on April 22, 1997 by Matador Records. It was recorded in Nashville, Tennessee and mixed in New York City. The album received considerable acclaim from music critics. In 2010, Rolling Stone placed the record at number 86 on its compilation of 100 Best Albums of the Nineties. ( Wikipedia )

Hi!

Cool that you (and you others) enjoying the thread!

This sounds like a band I need to hear more tunes from. Very cool. Thx!

hello !!

Grandaddy  ( 3 from 3 from 1 )

Grandaddy is an American indie rock band from Modesto, California, formed in 1992. The band consisted of Jason Lytle (vocals, guitar, keyboards), Kevin Garcia (bass guitar), Aaron Burtch (drums), Jim Fairchild (guitar) and Tim Dryden (keyboards).[2]

After several self-released records and cassettes, the band signed to Will Records in the US and later the V2 subsidiary Big Cat Records in the UK, going on to sign an exclusive deal with V2. The bulk of the band's recorded output was the work of Lytle, who worked primarily in home studios. The band released four studio albums before splitting in 2006 ( Wikipedia )

Under the Western Freeway is the debut studio album by American indie rock band Grandaddy. It was released on 21 October 1997 on Will Records. It was later reissued in the U.S. by V2

The Sophtware Slump is the second studio album by American indie rock band Grandaddy. It was released on May 29, 2000, through record label V2. It is seen by some as a concept album about problems concerning modern technology in society.

Sumday is the third studio album by American indie rock band Grandaddy, released on May 13, 2003 on V2 Records. ( Wikipedia )

One of my favorite bands ever: Foals. The decisions of which songs I'd put in this playlist were rough. Foals were also one of the bands that opened my heart for indie music!

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

Follow me on Spotify.

Follow me on Spotify.

Hello !!

Damned !!! I was not fast enough for a "3 from 3 From1" of "The american analog set"

Thanks, Thanks, Thanks .........

Hello !!

Radical Face ( 3 from 3 from 1 )

Radical Face is a musical act consisting of Ben Cooper (born c.1982), a resident of Jacksonville, Florida, who also makes up one-half of Electric President and Iron Orchestra and one third of Mother's Basement. The name Radical Face was chosen after seeing it on a flyer. He later found out it was a plastic surgery flyer saying 'Radical Face-Lift' with the word 'lift' ripped off.
On November 16, 2010, Cooper released a six-track EP titled Touch The Sky, which serves as an appetizer for an announced trilogy of albums called Family Tree. Leading up to the release of The Roots, The Bastards: Volume One EP was released track by track. The first album, titled The Roots, was released on October 4, 2011. In August The Roots was accidentally released to users outside of the US on iTunes. The Roots will be followed by The Branches and The Leaves. ( Wikipedia )

Ghost was the first studio album released by Radical Face in March 2007 on Morr Music.

The family tree : The roots was released on October 4, 2011

The family tree : The branches was released on October 22, 2013

Suggested posts