Announcements

Similar Artists to Dethklok

Similar Artists to Dethklok

BorbaR67
Casual Listener

I like to listen to Dethklok while I'm at the gym, and was looking to get some new artists that are like them. I tried to use the radio feature and expose myself to some similar artists, but it doesn't seem to be giving me options that are quite what I'm looking for. Does anyone have any suggestions for artists with a similar sound to Dethklok? Thank you.

If you need more specifics, I would be glad to help any way I can.

6 Replies

Re: Similar Artists to Dethklok

newmind02
Casual Listener
I'm assuming you're looking for bands with more of a death metal sound? Glancing at what Spotify lists as similar artists I can see why you're not finding what you're looking for.

Anyways, here's a few bands to check out:

Suffocation
Amon Amarth
Cannibal Corpse
Morbid Angel
Nile

Death metal is such a varied genre so I'm just suggesting a few bands to start off with. If you like any of these artists, you can go down the similar artists rabbit hole with them. Or come back with more requests for recommendations!

BorbaR67
Casual Listener

Thank you very much for the help! I'll definitely take a look at these guys! And yeah, I suppose I'm looking for a more Death Metal sound. I think what I like about Dethklok so much is the instrumental rhythms and deep drums. It's kinda hard to explain, but they always get my head bobbing haha. Thanks again!

user-removed
Not applicable

@BorbaR67

Just a general FYI when at Dethklok's artist page in the Spotify service looked to the right, which to correctly find them you have to use this artist name Metalocalypse: Dethklok as that is the way they are listed in the Spotify service. When at that artist page look to the right you will see similar artists. Check a few of these artists out, and then look at their artist pages for similar artists, and see where you end up. You can not get lost really. 🙂

xenon82
Roadie

Dethklok and other tongue-in-cheek metal bands are hard to find, but I've compiled them all in my Humor In Metal playlist, six months in the making. If you're looking for the legit serious metal side, I would try Obituary, Morbid Angel, Deicide, and all the standard classic death metal stuff. If you're looking for parody metal that you see more on the Metalocalypse show and the context of Dethklok, I would suggest Australian Death Machine, Psychostick, and other comedy metal groups that are featured in my playlist. Either way, my best suggestion for you would be Zimmers Hole because they are very similar in the fact that they are a satirical extreme metal band. In fact, their Vowel Song features a public service announcement by Nathan Explosion on the dangers of illiter... um... illteraca.... erm.... ill-it-er-a-ma-cy. Enjoy!

Sincerely,
Me

BorbaR67
Casual Listener

Wow, this is perfect! Great job putting this together! And thank you for sharing! Followed! 🙂

xenon82
Roadie

Thank you! Glad I could help 🙂

Sincerely,
Me
SUGGESTED POSTS