Spotify Game: Play It Forward

Spotify Game: Play It Forward

djmikeystrange
Roadie

Hey Gang, last year I started a little game with my friends called Play It Forward.  At random moments, I would post on facebook to my friends that the first 3 people to like the post would get a custom playlist from me.  They would tell me about their music preferences and I would customize a playlist just for them.  I can say that the people who won were very appreciative and treated it just like the old days when someone would give you a mix tape.

This might be fun for you all this holiday season.  Play It Forward and give the gift of your excellent music taste!!  

If anyone does this, i'm curious to hear what your experience is

Here is an example of one of the playlists that I made for my friend Candy, who was a fan of synthpop music.
spotify:user:strangewaysradio:playlist:2UdaqMRsQqtypkLTzjZ7kS

Follow Me
DJ Mikey
Strangeways Radio
Owner / Program Director

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
3 Replies

user-removed
Not applicable
So how do I get a play list lol

BryanC_avidmuso
Gig Goer

Something Interesting to note

I think Spotify might have already stolen that name from you in their Year in Music website for 2015. On spotify.com/2015, if you went on the site, signed in with Spotify and then go to the menu down at the bottom, there is a generated "Play it Forward" playlist for songs you might have missed in 2015 this year.

I think it is quite funny that it happened to have the same name as your Spotify Game. Anyway, just a thought. 

djmikeystrange
Roadie

@BryanC_avidmuso, thanks! Interesting.  I think the name lends itself more to the game then it does to "songs you might have missed".  But...i guess it doesn't matter what you call it.  It's fun either way 🙂

Follow Me
DJ Mikey
Strangeways Radio
Owner / Program Director

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
SUGGESTED POSTS