Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify free won't allow u 2 play Favorites

Spotify free won't allow u 2 play Favorites

We are very disappointed with the mobile Spotify on our Samsung Galaxy cells.

It will not let us play our songs that we have in favorites. Somehow, its shuffles, but it shuffles with songs that we have never heard. And we cannot stop it from shuffling.

We do not want to pay for premium. We are happy to listen to the ads. But if this cannot be resolved, we're going to another music source. There are 11 of us in our group.

Lee

2 Replies

Hi, sorry to hear you're having a negative experience with the mobile app. It's by design that you can only shuffle on your phone if using a free account. In fact, users were previously limited to only being able to listen to radio for free. As far as the extra tracks being mixed in, that is also part of the design. Basically, the shorter your playlist and the fewer artists you have in the list, the more additional tracks will be played in addition to those on the list itself. So, the best way to avoid this would be to make your playlist longer and add a wider variety of artists.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have the same problem with my free stations account not playing favorites. However, when my playlist was short it worked perfectly but as it grew it now plays mostly random tunes with a few favorites. Any suggestions?

Suggested posts