Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

The Chat Thread

The Chat Thread

Hey!

Here's a chat thread, where you can just talk about anything. - your thoughts, what the weather is like etc. Cute cat pictures as well, if you feel like it. 🙂

Note: If you need help with something, please go to relevant Help board or Content Questions and post your question there.
Also: Community guidelines apply here, also don't flood this thread with playlists or post your music unless asked to. Alright? 🙂

One more: if you have something in mind you'd like to talk to more people with, you can create your own thread. Don't forget to check out Music Chat for music-related discussion!

Cat away!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
10 Replies

I wish it was as easy to find and read books on your device, as it is to find and play songs on Spotify 🙂

Hey @Sebasty!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

Hey @KatesHere 🙂

And oh, true. I would likely actually read more as I'd be able to access anything I feel like.

I just came across this "What song do you hate the most?" and I am truly impressed by the sheer amount of passion in some cases.. :')

I mean, it's obviously not bad they have a list of hated songs. It means they care what they listen to!

SebastySpotify Star

Exactly!

As for the most hated book, to be honest, I haven't so far had one I truly really hate. Do you have one?

Oh I don't know if I actually have anything like a hated book. Sure there are boring books and those I've not understood, but still, nothing I would hate on.

There is one thing though... I as a visual artist have grown rather advanced. I really appreciate good guidebooks with all sorts of tecniques, but I have been (tried to be) given some really basic stuff I really don't do anything with.
One I have has all colors based on prismacolor tones. There are no Prismacolor products here and most decent artist pencils actually use color names similar to oil paints, not some .... reinvented names. :')

On another note, man how I love putting my headphones on and hear the clarity!

SebastySpotify Star

I think this is the most complex and convoluted website I have ever seen. I was forced to come here to leave my remarks, because there are absolutely no instructions anywhere on this website explaining how to start a thread. I came here to watch a podcast, so attempted to log in. But your system didn't recognize my email Address. So I attempted to create a new account, then your system said that the email I supplied was already in use. This is a contradiction. If it is already in use, then why couldn't I log in? So I requested a new password be sent to my email, and your system said it was sent. Then I checked my email and spam folder, but it actually was not sent. I then decided to use another email to create a new account, which was successful. Then I attempted to contact your website for help, and was directed to the help forum, but it wanted me to log in. (Note: I was already logged in, so why was I required to log on again?). I then followed directions to post a new thread, but the page I was directed to encouraged me to see the FAQ, but did not provide any instructions whatsoever on how to post a new thread. Why did your website invite me to post a new thread, and even directed me to a page to do so, but then completely fail to show the way to post the thread? Then I tried to send a message after giving a rating, but your website told me AFTER I had already written the text that I need to limit my words to 500 words. Why don't you notify people about this BEFORE they write the text? This website is poorly designed, far too complex and needs a lot of work. Are you intentionally trying to make everything so difficult for people? The drama continues. I tried to reply to a comment in your help forum, but it said that it is closed or that I need to verify my account.
Why wasn't I notified at the time I registered that I need to verify my account? So then I check my email, and there was no verification email. This is unbelievable. Who us running your website? Then I finally managed to get an email after I was notified by the help forum system, and I verified and was congratulated by your website. So I tried to post a comment but was told that the verification failed. No reason was given for this. Then I received a PM to approve the private messaging feature, but no matter how many times I approved it, your website kept asking me to approve it. I approved five times, but it kept asking me if I was sure, and kept wanting me to confirm over and over and over again. This is by far the absolute crappiest website I have ever been to. Then I tried to edit this post due to a typo, and it wanted me to verify again. You are caught-up on the verification insanity. I proved I was not a robot, but the verification failed. No reason for this failure was given.

Why do you want people to verify that we are not robots literally every single time we edit our post? Don't you see this as redundant, controlling and crazy?

Hey Albert, sorry to hear you're having so many troubles using the Community!

To be honest, as this is a forum not unlike many others on the internet it's possible that the oversight of having instructions on how to post is because it should theoretically be pretty straightforward to do so. Now, every forum has a different structure and there are areas where new users can't post in (or for example older threads that are locked or archived to promote users making new content that is more in line with the current Spotify app features etc), so maybe, if you're missing seeing a "POST" or "REPLY" button, it could be that you're in such an area. I can highly recommend checking out the FAQ area: it has a lot of articles to help with app features and even a section for Community/forum-specific articles that can be of help.

As for the verification issues, there used to be spam attacks in the past, so as a result new Community accounts have a lot of restrictions like CAPTCHA or email verification and so on. This was used to prevent folks who purpusefully made new accounts in order to post and spam irrelevant content/code in the whole forum and it has massively helped since. As a downside, as you noticed, it can prevent legitimate users from having a seamingless experience using the forum. My advice is, don't give up and make sure you're trying from a desktop device rather than a mobile, as the forum is more optimized for that. Plus, as you rank up in the forum by posting and being an active user, you get some perks like having bigger word limit and so on. I hope this gave you some insight and you managed to post in the right area to ask for help for your app issue!

In the meanwhile, since this is a thread to chat, do come back and share anything - for example, what kinds of podcasts you enjoy 🙂

Hey guys!

Hey there HighSmile! How are you? Are you new in the Community?

I am good! I am sort of new... I have been on Spotify for a while, but just recently discovered The Community...

Suggested posts