Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Upset

Solved!

Upset

I'm very upset with the new condom adds I'm getting on spotify... I hated the adds in the first place but this and the non stop glitches are the final straw... there are kids on this program... I will be uninstalling spotify as well as telling all my friends about this... don't come back with: " well if you would buy spotify premium you won't have to listen to the adds" because I'm not waisting a single dime on this program.... I'd rather spend a dollar per song on itunes

246 Replies

That is a good point hpguru. You have a very good point.

Also it may worth to share this at Facebook.

Now the problem is described only in Spotify Community, and I must say, just some folks read this forum. As long as we complain only here in one topic, nothing will happen. So can we use social media to advertise this thread, ad and Spotify that don't care at all to fix this problem?

There is no tool to unlike offensive ad. Spotify, do not think only $$$ when you make agreements with adverti$er$ that advertise sex and condom ads. Think about folks too.

Spotify should know if ad is suitable for you (money talks, so just for the money you accepted this), it may be not suitable to others. And I think you should not advertise sex or condoms at all when 8 year old boy is doing homeworks and listening Spotify... This may be OK ad for 15+, but not to 14 and younger.

Also, grandma, which makes the food and listen to this advertisement once an hour, can be completely frustrated.

But I go out now with my Spotify for a walk some tour here and when I'm back I go right away to this thread to read a response from Spotify. I hope you answer why this ad is still in Spotify loud and clear. Let's see has Spotify those who know how to read.

Hpguru, you are AWESOME! 

Seriously you speak the truth. Spotify should be thinking about others. But sadly big companies don't care about people. They just care about the $$money$$.  😞

If we were to share this on Facebook and twitter do you think something will happen?

I'm back and no response. So what we all should think?

I think Spotify know this problem, but in good company they should say at least we're looking into it rather than be quiet and wait that someone ask to add response to this thread.

Spotify is good and I'm using Premium, but this is so big and to many so annoying stuff, so Spotify will lose customers this way very fast if they can't provide fix soon.

They aren't answering you either? They won't answer my emails. 

So should we all write emails to the condum website and ask them to stop advertising this? (This is a real question) 

Should we share on twitter and facebook about this horrible ad? What do you think we should do?

Personally I believe that social media can help.

You need to start a public page to Facebook and advertise it in all Spotify related sites or here. Or tweet about this to Spotify tweet page, so other followers can see this.

I just have Facebook, but I can help if you need help with this. So someone should link to us some stuff about it in some, so we together can advertise it to everyone.

I have twitter, and I follow spotify. Do you think you can make the facebook page? 

This is something that needs to be fought for. If no one fights for it. Who will?

Then come and join us. Spotify needs to stop this. Think about the other people that might be listening to Spotify. If we just leave then our problem is solved.

But what about the other people and I quote Hpguru "a eight year old doing his homework." Or perhaps your daughter Strawberry. Like you said you were shocked.

And this is indeed not acceptable. But if we don't do anything about it nothing with happen.

We just need some ideas.

What name of the group would be good to Facebook?

Someone already did this:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/224664430995134/

That's fine. :)))

Now Spotify wake up before we show our magic power.

We are sick and tired of all these ads!! Condoms, Victoria Secret, Hard Alcohol!! Seriously, pull these ads. Just stop it, right now. This is extremely embarrassing when listening at the office or with my kids at breakfast!! I understand you need ads to make money but these ads are repulsive and make it certain that I will NOT want to buy the products advertised!! Why not give us a choice of ads that are actually relevent to us?? You clearly understand nothing about marketing and branding!! Get a clue!

I am intensely disappointed in Spotify's decision to post the condom ad. It is obvious that I am not the only offended user. Please remove the ad. I am quitting Spotify and using Pandora until the ad is removed.

Unfortunately I am hearing them more and more frequently. Morning, afternoon, evening, late night...all the time. Instead of getting rid of the ad, Spotify seems to think we want to hear it more. What a great message to the users. If you don't like what we do, we'll annoy you till you go away.

I've switched to Grooveshark and find that I actually like it much better. Because Spotify refused to address this issue in a timely manner with some kind, any kind, of statement or support,  I looked elsewhere and found a better product when otherwise I may not have. 

I took enough marketing classes in college to know that Spotify's baffling silence on this issue is not the way to retain customers in a competitive marketplace.

Wait, don' t leave spotify quite yet. If you have a facebook account then join this group

http://www.facebook.com/groups/224664430995134/members/ This group is against all of the condom ads. We are doing a protest against it.

If you hate the condom ads then go to the link. This must be stopped. And if we don't do anything about it. Who will?

What about a complaint to the Better Business Buereau (BBB)? https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started

"Everything you submit will be forwarded to the business within two business days. The business will be asked to respond within 14 days, and if a response is not received, a second request will be made. You will be notified of the business’s response when we receive it (or notified that we received no response). Complaints are usually closed within 30 business days."

It might force a more timely response to the concerns in this thread and create public awares of the complaint. Does anyone feel that this is worth a try?

I know right! I am thirteen and I have to listen to those condom adds and it is really disturbing to me!

@MorganDailey wrote:

I know right! I am thirteen and I have to listen to those condom adds and it is really disturbing to me!

I really wish someone would record using a screen recorder, one of these ads. I am 14, but premium and have never heard one!

MorganDailey, what do you have your age set to on your Spotify account?  If it is truly set to 13 years old then Spotify is encouraging people under the age of 18 to illegally have sex and 

Suggested posts