Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Upset

Solved!

Upset

I'm very upset with the new condom adds I'm getting on spotify... I hated the adds in the first place but this and the non stop glitches are the final straw... there are kids on this program... I will be uninstalling spotify as well as telling all my friends about this... don't come back with: " well if you would buy spotify premium you won't have to listen to the adds" because I'm not waisting a single dime on this program.... I'd rather spend a dollar per song on itunes

246 Replies

@ KellyMonster: Hilarious?  Your attitude disgusts me.  Just because YOU don't mind doesn't mean the rest of us should have to tolerate it.

You're right, children SHOULD learn it, from a GOOD role model, NOT from an ad on a music player.  They should learn it when the time is right and the PARENT feels the child is ready, NOT when society throws it in their face.

And I'll say it again- I will NOT reward Spotify's lack of discretion with money.

Hey has anyone heard anymore of those condom ads? I haven't heard any for a while.

I went to the condom website and said that their ad was inappropriate and that children were on spotify. I asked them if they could either stop advertising it or figure out a different way to advertise it on Spotify. 

I haven't heard any condom ads today. So I wanted to know if any of you have heard any.

(I'll let you know if I hear one today)

I informed too about this thing Spotify and they said they look into it and will add news in future to folks here.

I agree! I am a teacher and often can use Spotify for multiple parts of the day, but it is so inappropriate for that ad to come blaring through the speakers in front of kids and really, anyone. Spotify, can you please not have that be an ad? It would be much appreciated!

I heard the ad this afternoon, so it's still playing at least for me.

Aww man! I was really hoping that they would stop. 😞

I also am on the Spotify forum for a single reason: to cite a serious problem with the ad selection. I don't mind ads, or even "inappropriate" ads... On web-services like Google! At least Google does some research into it's users. This is healthy, as it, first, assures ads are relevant to a user's interests, and, second, discourages those who want to maintain a public image from wandering into less respectable regions of the web (strangely enough, Spotify's "private session" feature is not unlike Chrome(R)'s incognito(TM) function). I find certain advertisements in particular to be especially offensive. If Mr. Eck wants to market Spotify as anyone's music player, he needs to crack down on whomever produces her content. 

Please, Spotify is a beautiful thing. I'd hate to see her marred by the ugly hand of public disgrace. Someone needs to clean up their act (and ads), and soon. I don't know how well Spotify would survive a public outcry. 

I'm starting to lose count, but SIXTH TIME to report this. 

I was thinking about using spotify for a restaurant I manage, but the constant sex and alcohol related ads kind of make it a no-go.

I have no problem with advertisement to support a free source of music as extensive as spotify, but there should really be a mature content filter option available.

Just wanted to keep this going... these ads haven't stopped yet, and are inappropriate for children and people with morals! Yes, even children 12 and older! Please cut these ads, or I'll cut my account... along with many others!

if your kids are using this program- then atleast Spotify won't be to blame when one of them gets pregnant from listening to R&B while enjoying this incredible service. Just as you've instructed them not to- here's a newsflash: buy premium as you try waking up out of the middle-ages!

-If you think spending a dollar per song on itunes is a better solution than what this service is offering- you're ignorance has been shown in a force that negates anything else you had to first-off bother mentioning.

@waterboatsman

Just get premium then. If you manage a restaurant, you have money!

There was no need to delete!

When a proper solution is given, then it will be marked as a solution. Thank you for the obvious, overstated and misguided suggestion, but buying Premium is not the solution to these ads. It is an immature suggestion/solution. These ads are inappropriate in many situations. They are indecent, offensive, annoying and just plain stupid. They should be taken off the air or an option to filter them out should be given.

No! I was hoping that they were stopping! I have emailed Spotify twice! And I have emailed the condom company too! Why won't they listen?!

Hey, Unlimited is 5€ in month. Without ads, this is worth to try product.

There is no free lunchs, so in Free you get ads. Yes, condom ad is very strange. But this ad fit properly Spotify's ad guidelines, I believe, so that's reason why they not putting this ad out.

Yes, but, I can put up with all the other ads. But the issue is that I have younger siblings, who listen to spotify with me while I'm doing the dishes. And my problem is that it touches on things that they should not be listening to at their age. 

If I'm by myself, I can easily mute spotify while the commerical is on. But if I'm doing the dishes and it comes on while my siblings there, plus it blasting all over the house. I cannot easily mute the ad.

Please as you read this, don't think I am angry at you. But I am mearly pointing out the reason why I don't like this ad.

🙂

Yes. 🙂

I understand you. However the problem is that Spotify think this is good ad and it fits they ad quality standards.

So I think, I'm not Spotify employee, Spotify just wait when the ad agreement will be finalized.

Also I suggest to contact to advertiser. I reported this to Spotify and they said this is not a bug, so I think they just leave this ad to system as it is.

@Liam_w wrote:
@waterboatsman

Just get premium then. If you manage a restaurant, you have money!

Yes, but as we can feel, this is not solution to purchase Premium or Unlimited just to "remove" one offensive ad. However Unlimited is so cheap so it may be a good workaround, but not solution.

I know myself that Spotify read this, but they do not comment. This is not a problem. At least not according to Spotify.

The best solution, of course, is to open as many voices as we can here in thread about this notorious "condom ad". Perhaps they are going to find the hide problem then.

Suggested posts