Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What TV SHOWS are you currently watching?

What TV SHOWS are you currently watching?

Please share! 🙂

hipster SUMMER 2014

41 Replies

Just now:

Orange is the new black.

Great show, but maybe odd at start, until you are happy with show very soon...

Oh, OITNB is a great show! I enjoyed a lot watching it. It get s better and better once you pass few episodes!

Me I am getting ready for Tonight's Premiere episode of this new series airing on the Fox Network, Gotham which surprises me some. That TV network has been dull for some years, but this might be just it. As long as the writing does not get stupid, I stopped watching Marvels the S.H.I.E.L.D. the writing turned out really dumb and the character development to cheesy for my tastes. I know they are writing for a younger audience but really Six year level sometimes seems to be the storyline.

Anyway Gotham, I hope it blows Arrow and that junk fest shield out of the water. From IMDB:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3749900/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

The FOX Network:

http://www.fox.com/gotham/

Enjoy!

@user-removed  how was it?

bzite@

The Pilot episode was extremely well done. They did a fantastic job with the visual effects and character development. They have a light 30's 40's aesthetic going on with the visual effects of the city and the highlighting effects they are using with the CGI, but at the same moment keeping it modern at the same time. We get the early teenage years scenes of the Cat women as a young teenage street cut purse trying to survive in the rough city of Gotham. They started the pilot off with the classic comic book scene of Bruce Wayne's Parents being murder, which I think was necessary it all will tie in nicely as the series builds. This event will of course set off Bruce's Long transition into the Batman role he will become. Looks to be that with this series the young Detective Gordon is going to end up being somewhat a mentor to the young Bruce Wayne in the end and that will probable build along the storyline as to where Bruce ends up getting his early training as a young teenage crime fighter. We also get some scenes with a corrupted and brutal police force, Carmine Falcone shows up towards the end of the episode played by Actor John Doman. We get a very complex character view between a young rookie Detective James Gordon played by Ben McKenzie and an older corrupt Detective Harvey Bullock played by Donal Logue. We get some scene development of the how The Penguin started and what pushes him into his psychotic criminal role later on, we get a short scene of the Edward Nygma played by actor Cory Micheal Smith which ends up being of course the insane Riddler.  Ohh and we get to see a very Young Ivy, who is a severely damaged little girl due to her rough and brutalized upbringing by her career criminal and violent farther, and her somewhat damaged mother in toe. They have not introduced an early role for the Joker character yet or someone who will eventually become that twisted role. We also get an original character not part of the DC comics criminal under world, Fish Mooney played by actress Jada Pinkett Smith, and she is sweet and twistedly eviiillll at the same time. The look in her eyes all the time tell you this is one person not to cross, very well done character development

The IMDB information is only listing 8 episodes, so they might do short episode runs of the seasonal series to see how it goes, or that is all the current information they have on the series currently. The episodes run into November and with 3 major US holidays within 3 months of each other, that might just be a winter break for the series where it will pick up again later in 2015 which is what some TV series do, they break in the late fall and then pick up again early winter. So far I have watched the pilot episode 3 times, once when it aired and twice now with the ondemand service from my cable provider. I have rarely watched a TV series episode over and over again after it's first run, sure reruns a few years later but I must say I think I am going to enjoy this series even if it only runs 8 to 10 episodes a season run. Very well done and well written not a dry moment really, one of the best pilot epiosdes I have seen in some time. And some very good actors in this one should ratchet up the quality of the storylines.

Hey, this actually sounds really good! Thanks for the info! I'm so busy these days, do not have time to check for new series myself, but I am usually watching something before going to sleep to turn myself off the days worries 🙂

Speakig about this, have you seen this video?

@

No I had not seen that since it has always be used always as a start point for any Batman related series. Yeah it is enough to make anyone go hum, maybe we should not walk down this dark and creepy alleyway ehh? Thanks for posting that made me smile in a creepy way.

I just discovered that I haven't seen last two or three seasons of The Office.

At some point I got bored watching this show but now I find it acutally quite funny again.

I'm happy about my discovery 🙂

I had an 11 hour flight a few weeks back and watched all 8 episodes of True Detective, that was really good.

Looking forward to the return of The Walking Dead in a weeks time! 

___

New to the Community? Check out the Community newbie tips

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

Need Spotify help on Twitter? Head to @SpotifyCares

I enjoyed True Detective very much - a good choice to watch it all at once 🙂

They say there's going to be another season!

I'm rewatching Twin Peaks since I read that they will continue the series after 25 years in 2016!

@bzite  I kind of figured they would do at least one more season run of True Detective. Since they only scratched the surface of the criminal conspiracy surrounding all the murders. I am looking forward to it though. I liked how they mixed in the local Louisiana swamp environment throughout the whole series. The scenes of the escape from the shootout in the street gang controlled neighborhood was just freaking crazy stuff. And the storyline was just gruesome as it got closer and closer to the final two episodes, man I was extremely freaked out, some unnerving scary story telling they did, the whole local folklore ritual murdering thing was kind of spooky stuff.

@bzite wrote:

I enjoyed True Detective very much - a good choice to watch it all at once 🙂

They say there's going to be another season!

Haha yeah it was a pretty intense flight!

Yeah the new series will be with Colin Farrell and Vince Vaughn. I'm looking forward to seeing Vince Vaughn in a different role, I think he'll do well.  

___

New to the Community? Check out the Community newbie tips

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

Need Spotify help on Twitter? Head to @SpotifyCares

Unfortunately I heard that the new True Detective season will follow a whole new story with different characters. I don't think they'll catch up on the storyline they've finished. By the way, after watching the first season I read some articles and discussions on imdb and found this funny (and weird) topic: THIS is what Rust saw..

@Greg wrote:

Haha yeah it was a pretty intense flight!

Yeah the new series will be with Colin Farrell and Vince Vaughn. I'm looking forward to seeing Vince Vaughn in a different role, I think he'll do well.  

I'm curious to see whether they can make a second season that stands up to the amazing first season with McConaughey and Harrleson. I was hooked as soon as the opening credits started. I was also a fan of the setting along the coast of Louisiana, they showed the beauty of the state while keep you in suspense the whole time. When does season 2 start? Next summer? 

Yep that seems to be the case after I went to IMDB and read some of the posts at the message board for True Detective there. Seems the new season is going to be new actors and a whole new storyline. I think they are going for the American Horror Story Anthology angle with this series instead of a continuous storyline with most series. Which is too bad, I liked the dynamic opposing mix of the characters of Cohle and Hart working together. Some of the dialog between them was some of my favorite I have seen in a series ever, the first couple of episodes with Cohle and Hart discussing the nature of humanity was fun to see, and the reactions Hart has with Cohle over his somewhat harsh view that Humans are a natural selection mistake was priceless. My favorite scenes was between Cohle and Hart at the religious revival tent, with Cohle discussing his rather interesting view of the whole religious thing going.

So it does appear there will be a whole new story of nastiness to investigate for a new set of detectives in the next season of True Detective.

@Carina

Actually that summary of what Cohle seen was not to far off the mark. There where hints all throughout the series with highlights from the story of the King In Yellow and Corcosa, the folklore ritual rites. Extreme pain or discomfort has and can produce altered states of consciousness, many Indigenous Tribes still practice pain inducing rites for religious experiences. What Cohle seen can be viewed in two ways, either he was having a drug flash back from his deep undercover narco days, or he actual saw from extreme pain and duress with his fight with the green face man, Cohle saw what many Mystics and Shamans do under extreme duress and pain during religious rites have seen and experienced, which is another dimension or for a better term a tunnel or doorway to somewhere else. Also there was a slight H.P. Lovercraft spookyness mixed throughout the series as well. Something so shocking and horrible to shake the senses of the average viewer. The reactions of Hart and even from Cohle who had already witnessed the worst in humans from his narco days to the video tapes, that should have been a clue that this was something far beyond just a sick mind. These events was human monsters pushing the boundaries of something so vile and so evil that even demons would shudder at such horror.

Blood. It's a korean drama and has great music

The 4400

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!

I just finished Agent Carter and started watching the Daredevil, I would recommend Agent Carter because it's epic in every possible way, and so far Daredevil is really good aswell.

Suggested posts