Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What's with the absolutely dreadful playlist recommendations?

What's with the absolutely dreadful playlist recommendations?

This is bugging me immensely.

My playlist has 462 songs in total. Most of the songs being 70-80s rock and 90s dance, which is what I almost exclusively listen to. There's also has some "modern" metal (albeit only a few bands), including 17 folk metal songs by 2 different bands. 

Those 17 songs in question are songs I don't listen to very much at all compared to the other songs in my playlist, and it's not rare for me to skip them entirely if I'm not in the mood.

But still, my playlist recommendations are 90% death metal and folk metal songs. Sometimes even black metal and whatnot, stuff I have NEVER EVER listened to nor do I like.

The songs that aren't folk metal/death metal are songs I already I have in my playlist (that are simply from other albums), or songs I don't like, especially those I have previously deleted from my playlist. 

It's like Spotify actually refuses to keeps track of what I listen to. It makes no sense to me. 

1 Reply

I've found the exact same problem lately. The radio generation seems to be really skewed by what I assume is logged artists you or others like you are enjoying. In the end it makes the "songs like" or "playlist radio" kind of a useless functionality as it's either way off base for the actual root playlist or just the same thing regardless of what playlist or song or thing you're trying to find more things like.

Something's changed. 

Suggested posts