Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What’s your favourite all time movie soundtrack?

What’s your favourite all time movie soundtrack?

Hi everyone.

In light of the Oscars on Sunday we’ve been talking what is the best movie soundtrack.

Mine is Kenny Loggins – Danger Zone

Which one is yours?

What am I listening now? What am I listening to.

Check how Spotify is going. @SpotifyStatus

New to the Community? Just head over to Newbie Guide.

52 Replies

Well @Rafael , you picked a good one there! But there are som many good soundtracks out there, it's hard to choose. But I like  

quite alot and also  

Actually, picking one favourite is near impossible... I can tell you though, if my 4 year old daughter could choose, it'd without a doubt be

☆✩✪ Want to help out? Become a Spotify Rock Star today! ✪✩☆
Jag svarar på svenska via pm eller via twitter

Binaural track - listen with headphones with good volume!

Unfortunately, I can't find it on Spotify. But I really liked Everything Is Illuminated's soundtrack.

Those are quite cool.

Have you guys seen Office Space? It's so good. Below are two tracks from the movie.

Geto Boys – darn It Feels Good to Be a Gangsta

And 

Geto Boys – Still

What am I listening now? What am I listening to.

Check how Spotify is going. @SpotifyStatus

New to the Community? Just head over to Newbie Guide.

I don't know if it's my favourite all time soundtrack or not, but it's listening to this and I get instant goosebumps:

John Williams – Welcome To Jurassic Park - Jurassic Park/Soundtrack Version (4'35" exactly)

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

Oh, there are so many great ones!  Some I love include Urban Cowboy, Saturday Night Fever, Grease, Twilight Saga, Titanic, Moulin Rouge......for more instrumental soundtracks some I love include the music of Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story, and the instrumental music in Star Wars and Superman. 
However, if I have to pick just one, that is hard as I have two favorites..............

Purple Rain and Highlander.

(most of the Highlander soundtrack by Queen is on their "A Kind of Magic" album.

If you liked my post, please send me some "kudos"!

If I solved a problem for you, please click the "accept as solution" tab.

FOLLOW ME AND I WILL FOLLOW YOU (just let me know you followed me)

KAREN ON LAST.FM

Karen's Twitter

Totally agree with Queen - 'its a kind of magic'.  also the soundrack to Amadeus - brilliant film as well - Tom Hulce is excellent as Mozart- but Salieri played by F Murray Abraham steals the show.  Another oldie but goodie is the soundtrack to Bladerunner by Vangelis.

Way up on the list is Almost Famous.

And, of course, This is Spinal Tap.

There are so many great soundtracks, but I really liked the Fame soundtrack from back in the day.

Gustavo Santaolalla – Motorcycle Diaries with additional Music

i have loved listening to Gustavo's music on the Motorcycle Diaries

Hello !

Shaft  (1971 )

Shaft is a 1971 American blaxploitation film directed by Gordon Parks, released by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer. An action film with elements of film noir,

The Shaft soundtrack album, recorded by Isaac Hayes, was also a success, winning a Grammy Award for Best Score Soundtrack Album for a Motion Picture

I love the Tron: Legacy soundtrack (Spotify album linked below).I also love Howard Shore's LotR and Hobbit soundtracks overall, and specifically Lord of the Rings: Return of the King by Howard Shore; and The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug by Howard Shore. (Those Howard Shore movie soundtracks are not all metadata'd appropriately, so I can't listen to most of it here on Spotify [last.fm nightmare] Sad.)

Hey,

Thanks for the kudos...

If you're into soundtracks, try Manhunter. IMO, no soundtrack is perfect but I like this one a lot. I can give more sugestions if you like.

The Wall ( 1982 )-( Pink Floyd )

The Wall is a 1982 British live-action/animated musical film directed by Alan Parker based on the 1979 Pink Floyd album.The Wall about a confined rocker who's driven into insanity and constructs a wall to be protected from the world around him. The screenplay was written by Pink Floyd vocalist and bassist Roger Waters. The film is highly metaphorical and is rich in symbolic imagery and sound. It features very little dialogue and is mainly driven by the music of Pink Floyd.

"Yes!" gets me every time.

Hello !

Control ( 2007 )

Control is a 2007 British-American biographical film about the life of Ian Curtis, singer of the late-1970's English post-punk band Joy Division. It is the first feature film directed by Anton Corbijn, who had worked with Joy Division as a photographer.

I can not find it on Spotify (or anywhere else for that mater), but my favorite is the soundtrack to the animated classic The Last Unicorn.  The whole soundtrack was done by the band America ("Horse With No Name"), and is a beautiful album begining to end.  If anyone knows where to find it in any format please let me know!

Hello !

Kill Bill Vol.1 Original Soundtrack ( 2003 )

Kill Bill Volume 1 is a 2003 American martial arts action film written and directed by Quentin Tarantino. 

im surprised no one has shared this one: 

I have a thing for crazy music, follow me to listen to check out my playlists..

If you like the post, please give KUDOS.
If i help you with something, accept as a solution, will be awesome..

Feel free to send a friend request, music network is infinite...

Suggested posts