Where exactly can I post new ideas?

bzero
Roadie

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution!

Katerina

Hey there folks,

Thanks for posting about this here - we really appreciate wanting to share your ideas in our Ideas Exchange!

To find more info on submitting your idea, we'd recommend taking a look at this Spotify Answer.

If you're having troubles posting or getting an error message when trying to do so, the best way to look for help is by posting in the relevant Help Board. It's also helpful if you add a detailed description of what's happening or screenshots of any error messages you see in your post. 

In the meanwhile, we'll mark this post as a solution to make it easier to find for other Community users with this question.

Hope this info is useful but don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with!

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

View solution in original post

141 Replies

yzy-2084
Music Fan
I have a idea thats why i made this login

yzy-2084
Music Fan
Sup guys

world-in-union
Gig Goer

Oh, thanks! That might explain why I don't see the "New Post" button!

eRCaGuy
Casual Listener

I have the same problem. Hopefully this response counts as one to let me post an idea too.

Peter__
Community Legend

@world-in-union wrote:

Oh, thanks! That might explain why I don't see the "New Post" button!

You should be good to go now!

Try logging out and back in again 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

kplesz
Casual Listener

This really should be explained somewhere on the page.

ryyy20

Posting for credits. Kind of a weird system...

Leahhassett
Casual Listener

How do I see what the solution is!?!?!? This website is driving me pretty crazy right now. 

oddible
Music Fan

<Delete>

oddible
Music Fan

<delete>

oddible
Music Fan

SOLVED: The problem is just that there is no button in an obvious place.   You have to navigate to any idea at all, then up at the top you'll notice the breadcrumb (/Home/Ideas/Live Ideas).  Click the last item (in this example: Live Ideas).  You will go to the Idea category.  From that page you will see the Post New Idea button.  

For instance, click here, you should see the button:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/idb-p/ideas_live

BoBoBean
Casual Listener

Thank you so much!!

hans-jürgen
Roadie

On the first page of every thread the solution is lined up as the first answer below the initial question. You can also see a green bar below the question with the link to the solution, e.g. https://community.spotify.com/t5/Newcomers-and-Contribution/Where-exactly-can-I-post-new-ideas/m-p/3...

In this case the solution for new users is to post something in this forum first before you can actually post a new idea, probably to avoid spamming.

world-in-union
Gig Goer

Yes, it works. Thanks a lot!

eRCaGuy
Casual Listener

I'd like to post too. Brand new. Hopefully I can now.

hans-jürgen
Roadie

mrdududu
Regular

The links in the first box don't work for me. THis is so frustrating. How do I post an idea?

Katerina

Hey there @mrdududu,

Thanks for posting about this here!

There's more info on how you can post a new idea in this Spotify Answer. If you haven't already, we'd recommend taking a look.

@tinyjams - if you're still having troubles after trying the steps above, we'd recommend starting a new thread in the relevant Help board, so we can take a closer look into this. We'd also suggest including screenshots of what you see and any troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. We'll be happy to lend a hand!

Hope this is helpful but don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

tinyjams
Music Fan

You can't. There's some arbitrary ranking system based on the number of posts and activity you have but 2 years and tons of posts later I've never been able to post a new idea. Spotify just wants to provide us a false sense of hope that they'll listen to us but that will never actually happen. 

meirroth
Visitor
Thanks

Samsh1
Casual Listener
Still can't post
SUGGESTED POSTS