Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Windows Desktop App - Playlist Menu

Solved!

Windows Desktop App - Playlist Menu

I want to publish a playlist. However, when I right-click the playlist the "make public" option does not appear in the menu. Any idea about the reason?

playlist menu.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @huckyf,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

The “Make Public/Make Secret” playlist privacy command has been renamed “Add to profile/Remove from Profile”; so you can select “Add to profile” to publish your playlist to your Spotify profile.

This change comes with Spotify’s new playlist privacy settings that have already been added for the mobile app. The new “Make public/Make private” settings control whether a playlist can be accessed by Spotify users other than its creator (even if the playlist link has already been shared with others); however, this setting has not yet been rolled out for the desktop app.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi @huckyf,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

The “Make Public/Make Secret” playlist privacy command has been renamed “Add to profile/Remove from Profile”; so you can select “Add to profile” to publish your playlist to your Spotify profile.

This change comes with Spotify’s new playlist privacy settings that have already been added for the mobile app. The new “Make public/Make private” settings control whether a playlist can be accessed by Spotify users other than its creator (even if the playlist link has already been shared with others); however, this setting has not yet been rolled out for the desktop app.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts