Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Your favorite song and genre

Your favorite song and genre

Hi.

So I made the thread to hear what your favorite song and genre is.

Feel free to share why you like the genre over others and what makes the song good.

I'll start first then.

Favorite Song - Cocaine by Nomy

Favorite Genre -  Rock

No specific reasons why I prefer Rock over others like hip-hop, jazz and so go on, I simply just like the vocals and instruments.

Best Regards,

Nickolay

9 Replies

I really like this idea! Shows how different community users are from others!
For me though, personally:
Favorite song; Where Do We Go - David Cook
https://open.spotify.com/track/1KTIPyXm7NZHAfFFolb2ob

This song just means something to me that I can't describe. It was the first David Cook song I heard (thanks to Spotify's shuffle feature!!), and it stuck to me. It had this sound that gets to me. Whenever he says brink or string, it sounds so glorious. The lyrics may not stick out to me that much, but the sound always has. It still reminds me of things I don't know and reminds me of the summer that changed my musical life. I'm not so sure what it is that makes it better than any other song though, it just means something I can't describe.

Favorite genre?; Post-Grunge. Without a doubt. I just have always loved the sound of the light but still impacting drums and guitars and the nasal/grainy voices. It's the genre I know most of considering I've grown up with it too. I find most interest and hope in this genre.

I have been really enjoying Radiohead lately. I guess you could say they're alternative/experimental rock? In Rainbows has been so fun to listen to lately.

spotify:track:4Iyo50UoYhuuYORMLrGDci

I love this track and this genre in general because the instrumentation and production is lush and complex, and inspires me how to incorporate a greater number of instruments while finding a good balance between them and avoiding clutter. In this track, all the instruments work so well together to create the perfect mood. Other artists like Tame Impala or Death Cab For Cutie also inspire me in this way more than your standard rock or pop band.

Casey

https://open.spotify.com/artist/12t0BnEhm9LxPT1C8sekdf

Casey
Follow me

Muse - Madness

my favourite song (at least at this particular moment lol) is Madness by the band Muse. I have loved this band for a long time with their progressive rock using the newest technologies. The lead singer/guitarist/pianist is a bit of an alien creature when on stage and everything looks like close encounters of the third kind with a terrific light show. this particular song just speaks to me. it is more of a personal ballad, some of their songs can be quite political, and others are introspective. i continue to grow with them.

My favourite genre would probably be Rock. i enjoy traditional styles of rock as well as more modern sounds, and ofshoots like indie rock and metal. rock has been there for me throughout my whole life, since i started paying attention to what my mother was listening to when i was little. she liked to watch music channels like Much Music and when she knew all the words, and could sing the whole song, i knew that it was obviously a good one since my mom grew up in the 70s and 80s when rock was the leftover dreams of counter culture renegades. she taught me that just because something was popular with the other kids my age, doesnt automatically make it good. and just because what you like, isnt on the radio, doesnt mean it isnt. so thats pretty much how i got here. 

(too much hot chocolate once again - 500ml! I feel a bit sick... ahh)

My favourite genre, don't know really. I could be ungodly specific and say 'electronic'. : )
Uhh... right.

I'm pretty much into experimental music, and there are four genres that stand up more than most: triphop, d&b, dubstep/grime and ambient.

I can't really say I have a specific favourite genre, I'm more after the sound, and the aforementioned specific genres all have something great inside. Can't say I like all music that fits these genres, no. Most of it is bad 😉

Since Amon Tobin and Hecq are (on a constant basis) more experimental than anything else, then I suppose I'll choose experimental at this point.
(I don't know if it's a valid genre. I do know it's wider than just electronica)
I love how some artists try things out in new ways, there are some really beautiful sounds coming from there, some outrageous beats never heard before in this setting or ever, new methods that new artists and enthusiasts can try and develop in their own way. Excellent place to be.

Alternative rock and britpop have been on a major position as well as the haunting claustrophobic elvish-spoken version of post-rock (Sigur Rós and Jónsi).

My favourite song, dang. That may change on a daily basis, and my collection of 'favourite songs' is in thousands.
I'll just give this remix I found today randomly. It's the most interesting remix I've heard lately!

https://open.spotify.com/track/7ecSm37kmXoI2ThPGf49b1

(there seems to be a 4 Ton Mantis sample near the beginning side of the track)

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Favorite Song - Same Ones

Favorite Genre - Hip Hop, someplace where you can just express whatever it is on your mind.

https://open.spotify.com/track/16jVBKcgRIdVgexkZ1zYZU

My favorite song this far gotta be Bonn Saenpang-Stronger

Favorite genre: Electrohouse

spotify:track:3YYXBhZrrQmrJAzPIAYUYe

Favorite Song - Light Years Away

Favorite Genre -  Rock Instrumental

https://open.spotify.com/track/62B9g32NgogSuWWQRIv3sv

Really good for mood settings.

Suggested posts