Step 1

NEXT STEP

Your speedtest

Your speedtest

Hey,

Post here your speedtest. You can use www.speedtest.net

Here's my:

Mobile broadband

Mobile broadband, Unlimited data, max. 15M/5,76M, 13,90 € / month. I use it as my main internet connection at home.

07/22/2012: Elisa updated a tower in my area, now max. 21M/5,76M!

Elisa

Post your own.

60 Replies

Well, this is what I get from my 100/10 network...

myspeed

☆✩✪ Want to help out? Become a Spotify Rock Star today! ✪✩☆
Jag svarar på svenska via pm eller via twitter

Binaural track - listen with headphones with good volume!

So, are these numbers pretty good?

If you liked my post, please send me some "kudos"!

If I solved a problem for you, please click the "accept as solution" tab.

FOLLOW ME AND I WILL FOLLOW YOU (just let me know you followed me)

KAREN ON LAST.FM

Karen's Twitter

My new speed activated, now I can forget about it... 100% on 1M/0.5M.7 and Unlimited for 9.90 € month.

1M mobile network

Just what I need. No need to pay 5 € more for 21 with speeds 1.5 Mbps - 3 Mbps and at night even 20 Mbps...

YouTube works, Netflix works, Spotify works, Internet browsing fast... on my Samsung Galaxy S 4 Mini. What else you need... someone really needs let's say 50 Mbps 4G.... but I will do the same on 1 Mbps in less money. If you go out to live, then go for 4G speeds or 3G max speed. I just listen my music... Anyways it is theoretic speeds we get - so why to pay for speed you don't get on mobile? 1M I get now 99,9% of time.

@RNRRT wrote:

So, are these numbers pretty good?

Half of my Internet! But really good speed for everything. You can even stream 7 full Netflix Super HD shows at 7 Mbps... Good luck!

39.90 € month, cable modem unlimited, 100M/10M:

100M cable modem

4G LTE on a Moto E (2015 Model) on the Three UK network. Heres mine: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/1202825976

Toshiba Laptop New. Only 100M Ethernet Port, so Ethernet speed max. 70 Mbps...

But on Wifi... gorgus speed, max. speed of 100M easily! Faster than Ethernet and no cables around!

Robust laptop, really love it.

That must be nice to have WiFi that fast. Darn U.S. companies are so slow like a turtle getting new tech online. Could have had a great funding bill for massive expansion of Fiber in smaller cities and rural communities, but the politics in the U.S. rightly stink.

My home broadband not to shabby. 4G not to bad either.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Do you have access to fiber? That kind of speed must be sweet, and what is your costs for that kind of speed?

Since I have a computer system both with a Netcard and also a built in Wifi card man I am lucky to get 23 Mb/s on the Netcard and maybe half that through Wifi, I mean I can double the Mb/s and get closer to the 50 Mb/s for about $20 more a month. And Wifi is worse, man I can not wait soon enough for broadband Wifi speeds, 4g is around here but not without paying out higher access fees with Gig download limits. I mean I can get up to the 100Mb/s, but the price is just higher than you would not believe and with already HD Cable with premium channel packaging access would make the cable bill here close to $300 a month. So I am stuck with cable at max 25 Mb/s without any download limits a month, although there are threats to throttle customers if they go crazy, and try and run servers and overtax the local nodes. There is DSL here but I hate the company that runs the service around here and I refuse to use their services, and their speeds are iffy too.

Hi.

I pay 39.90 € month for 100M/10M Cable Modem and 9.90 € for 1M/0.5M Mobile Network. Home is for home use and mobile is for mobile use. Both Unlimited.

It's great value for money.

iam embarassed.  but at least i can get online -under severely limited intervals

Speedtest result

http://www.speedtest.net/result/4555758421.png

@RenegadeAlpha wrote:

iam embarassed.  but at least i can get online -under severely limited intervals

Speedtest result

You don't need much speed to enjoy Internet. Unless you have lots of person in your house / or lots of devices. Or if you have company in your house.

It is my mobile speed on phone shared to personal computer. It is more than enough for me. It's clear I have 100M/10M cable modem for 40 € at home, but contract ends in few months - and I'm thinking about to stop with it. Too much price and speed for my lonely computer (which is in repair service anyway don't even know for how long :D) and then smartphone. Only 2 devices, one person and 100M??? I don't even watch Netflix anymore - only music, web surfing, updates, bank stuff and similar. Maybe sometimes Youtube music videos or car crash videos... That's all. I can run em with 360p quality on Unlimited mobile 1M/0.5M for 10 € month with my smartphone as modem. Which is even faster than in contract - 1.5M/0.5M were my highest speeds on this. But usually it delivers speed as in picture.

Yes, other option with cable modem 50M/10M is 33 € and 10M/10M 27 €. Again, not worth to lower, as price get's low very little but speed very much. Even my greatest friend said go for it and save some money - he uses even itself mobile stick with 512 kbps / 256 kbps Unlimited. Even Hangouts videocall worked w/o problems and we had call for 3 hours and next will be very soon... Lots of data, but quality great and reliable. Also if I need to download/upload big files - no problem. Just start before you go sleep and then at morning wake up to see all stuff is done.

So it is 99% my next option... Also 1 Mbps is 99.9% fully avaialble on mobile network.

The global Internet speed average is 25 Mbps according to Speedtest.net site FAQ. That's probably because people are getting 100M or similar maximum speeds by default, as slower are only few euros cheaper. Even if they don't really need these speeds, but on Speedtest.net this looks better of course than 1M... But like you know, most servers are not capable to use full bandwidth of fast internet. Only update servers from Microsoft, Google, Linux or other big companies are able to use full bandwidth. Web surfing uses 1-5 Mbps in my tests. So not worth to keep cable modem 100M.

Thanks for reading.

I think this is still under all trends - not everyone will survive with this.

I tested it now few days in week - only this mobile speed on my laptop. I can say I can't notice any problems in my Internet usage. Of course it takes longer to load all updates, but you can do that in background and still you can enjoy your Spotify music. It is aboud 2-5 GB of data each day I use my mobile speed as my main connection. Since this speed is unlimited and only 9,90 € - it is great option to fullfill my Internet needs. Rarely I watch YouTube and if I do, 360p quality works perfectly and it is enough.

Yes, this speed is not fast, but at least I can go online, chat/read stuff on Facebook, I can talk with my friends over Hangouts video for hours each month and for free, I can read blogs and news, I can do bank stuff, I can stream 320 kbps music, I can watch SD quallity video strraming, I can blog and upload/download files (big ones I need to up/load at night) and other simple stuff I can do. Since I live alone and I have only laptop and smartphone, I don't think I need to spend 40 euro each month for 100M Internet. It is too fast and I have no need for even 10% of it's speed. 90% of it's speed total waste for me. Rarely I use my teleoperator services, I only use them by data. I'm bad customer for them, but here we go, all over Internet. Only moms are wasting euros talking by teleoperator rates.

I think I will quit my cable modem. The only thing is that when I'm out, my phone is too. But after all, then my laptop sleeps too...

hi quick question. how do we change the number link to our account because i lost my phone and using different number. pls help. tnx

@12155054588

Hello:

Can you explain a little bit more about which number you mean? Is this number link maybe user ID numbers associated with your Spotify account or something else? Facebook users who created a Spotify account have ID numbers in place of user names is this what you might mean?

My cable modem service ends tomorrow.

I have now 1 Mbps / 0.5 Mbps Unlimited 3G line for 9.90 € and I can save 40 € month by not to have 40 € 100M/10M cable modem. I used mobile network as main for November too (just to test it out) and now I have results. I had no problems with speed. It fullfills my Internet needs and it is cheap - also works good as signal is strong 5 of 5. I live almost 500 meters from 3G tower. The only issue is big updates or others downloads and Upload of videos sometimes. But once again, when I am sleeping, my computer is not sometimes. So before my wakeup all downloaded/uploaded, even big files. Data transfer this month on mobile 41 GB. Mobile phone and laptop usage, I create a 3G hotspot from my smartphone and it works! Wifi to Internet and phone like router.

I have offlined music, videos and pictures from cloud eg. Spotify, Google Drive - so I don't need to stream them anymore. I have full speed for surfing and YouTube sometimes. My speed is even more than in bill. Also my free videocalls to abroad works like a charm on it with decent quality. I call sometimes for hours and many times in month. So I have no need for faster internet, as I am only one in house and have only laptop and phone. And everything seems to work just like a charm. The one thing I realised with test. Everything is slow, but you can live with that. After all it is possible to reduce your Internet usage and then all is pretty fast. And even if I find myself downloading big files again  I have a lot of time at night to sleep and to let my laptop to do things out...

I guess it is enough for Spotify. Not my Internet.

My home Internet 10M/10M 4G Unlimited 14 € Month:

4G4G

My on-the-go Internet 2M/2M 3G Unlimited 10 € Month:

3G3G

5326853294.pngg

Unlimited LTE Mobile Network

2016-05-15 19.59.46.png

Optical Fiber Home Network

5327355596.png

Just did a speed test, on Broad band cable currently.

Download Speed is currently around 59.72 Mbps and Upload Speed is only about 6.24 Mbps not very good up speeds. Could possible hit that ole' magic 100 Mbps download number by going to the next tier in data speeds, but things are running fine currently for me no need for an additional 29.00 a month for the next speed tier right now.

Suggested posts