Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

live streaming on youtube

live streaming on youtube

Hello im new to all this i just want to know how there is so many youtube channels out there streaming live music from spoity playlist ? is it leagal ? i already have a 24/7 live streaming music channel on youtube and i want to use spotfy music is it possible ?

8 Replies

Hey @DjGuess,

Right now, Spotify is intended for personal use only. Due to licensing, it’s not possible to publicly broadcast music from your personal account.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

then how all those people are streaming then ?

If you're absolutely sure that you know someone who's not using Spotify according to the Terms & Conditions, you can give me more info on the channels doing this so I can get it reported.

MaximSpotify Star

My main objective not to report people, i just cant figure out where those people are having the right stream all this music? is it spotify ? here is an example 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svWHlWi-KtA

check the description when it says

➜ You can find all of our songs from the radio in our Spotify: ↪︎ http://chillyourmind.com/spotify.php

i also have a 24/7 live streaming channel but i want im playing music from youtube free librairy but tbh it sucks , i want to play lo-fi chillhop kind a music any help?

Thanks for all the info.

You'll need to use a different player to stream the music that you have the rights to on YouTube. This means you need to make sure that you have all the required rights and you cannot play the music via Spotify.

What you can do using Spotify, however, is recreating the stream in a playlist and sharing that with the viewers of your stream in case they want to follow it and listen to it once in a while.

So as long as you don't use the Spotify app to play the content on your channel, it's fine.

MaximSpotify Star

I would like to jump in too. 
I saw that from ChillYourMind, and they are still doing it.. how??? 

I unintentionally played an audio podcast using the Spotify app on my Livestream on Youtube, and YT removed my video and I got my first Community Guidelines strike/warning. So, using the Spotify app to play anything from their platform is a bad idea.

But if i create my own APP which plays music from Spotifys public API, is it legal? All this for a stream which is not about music but a completelty different subject, and the music is just playing in background.

Suggested posts