"Spotify is Crap"

"Spotify is Crap"

ErosVII

I will not keep it clean. These **bleep**ers make millions and then they want to **bleep**ing hide. There is no phone number you can call if they do something **bleep**ed up like rescind your offline access and you are paid up on premium. I want my darn access restored or my money back. It is bad enough it does not sync to non Apple devices(I have no ipod or ipad) I know that shocks you 12 yr olds. Not everyone has money for that **bleep**. So if any gekk nuts can tell me how to get my access back even though I can not reeach the **bleep** responsible that would be great!

22 Replies

SuperWisdom
Community Legend

Hello!

I'm sorry to hear that you are very unhappy with the experience you are having with Spotify. If you have an Android powered phone, please note that you have to download the app from the Google Play store, sign in and allow it to do the magic. If you need to contact Spotify's support team, then you may via this contact form or though twitter @SpotifyCares . I hope that your problem is corrected. Please also note that you will need to reply to their "no-reply" e-mail to get a faster response. 

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?!
Follow me: Snapchat | Twitter | I'm a Blackstar!

mtapia245
Regular
I agree that there should be a number hotline for Spotify. It would be really helpful and much faster than these blogs! However you need to keep in mind that not all of your problems are Spotify's fault. Many times it's problems with the way the app syncs to the desktop version which can also be a sever problem or a problem with the App Store. I had a similar problem on my iPad recently. I would contact Spotify directly using the contact form if redownloading the app will not work. Hope your experience gets better. Mine did!

JCdotnl
Roadie

Please send them a e-mail via:
https://www.spotify.com/us/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/?contact

I hope it will be fixed! 

user-removed
Not applicable

Hey there.

It's extremely easy to add some bad words here and tell to others Spotify is crap.

Oh yes, you can't find a hot line number currently, but what about contact form??? Real people helping in form out.

Who you wanna call, if Spotify customer service center is in Sweden... call could pay for you much €€€ (if available).

And then you could post another rant here on Community about so expensive International call.

In other words, there is no call number currently, but who know if in future local call centers... Then it could be a real nightmare to pay more month fees just to get service over hot line. The contact form really works like a charm and it's very cheap for Spotify and it's customers.

So if you don't want to pay more month fees to have a one local call center, just start to be a good friend with contact form 🙂

mtapia245
Regular
You have a good point and the help forms have really helped me.

My request for a hotline however comes from the fact that it took two and a half weeks for my problem to be fixed via help forms. I personally would be willing to pay a little extra in order to get that fix in an hour instead.

And don't get me wrong I love my Spotify and I have over 725 songs downloaded now to my Premium Account. But just like any large site there will always be bugs and I think it would be a good idea to add a hotline as another help option. That's all I was trying to say.

user-removed
Not applicable

I know.

This feedback is delivered to Spotify.

Enjoy your Spotify. If any slow downs in service in future, feel free to contact here!

SuperWisdom
Community Legend

Hi @mtapia245 

I personally don't think that they will bring in a "hotline" because they probably believe that the contact form is sufficient enough. I mean, it would cost the company more for running costs if it had call centres.

I personally perfer to e-mail support when I need help, then spending 2 hours on the phone, talking to someone who you cannot understand.

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?!
Follow me: Snapchat | Twitter | I'm a Blackstar!

user-removed
Not applicable

Even if spotify did consider a call center where would it end up? Probable where most call centers get contracted to eventually, as a move to save the business money it would get contracted out. Would users like their credit card payment information somewhere outside of spotifys control? And with the way credit card hacking that has been going on the last few years by rogue criminal groups now, I would not like that at all and would be looking into methods of smaller payment access methods to prevent credit/debit card information from getting stolen. Even more so for people in the US, since the dumb headed politicians here did not pass the bill for more secure credit/debit card types and improved security cash machines mandatory as well. I can kind of see why spotify is sticking with email and twitter right now, a lot less risk, a little out of the way for most businesses but it is the best right now. It is always a risk assessment when it comes to call centers, because who in the world knows what third party businesses hiring practices are anyway these days? At least right now all CS is under spotifys control.

Carina
Community Legend

I'd say there's lots of people having the same issues over and over again. By googling and landing in this forum most of the problems + solutions can be found. I don't get why people are a bit too lazy to just search for their issues. In my opinion the forum, twitter and the contact form is enough to get help on all kinds of problems.

Elsalvador
Community Legend

I can understand why people would be annoyed at the fact there isn't a dedicated helpline, but this forum literally has answers for everything! And if you can't find the answer, you ask and people will respond! big up the spotify forums!

spotify:user:barbaloot:playlist:65prcb4SDSBYQmeATaDp1y

user-removed
Not applicable

Yeah, someone will really respond... Theres no need for helpline... I don't want to wait on hot line listening some 90s hits in 8 kbps quality over phone for hours... All just for 1,99 € minute. Our line is busy, please wait some more... Big smile It could be bad deal, as everyone can get unlimited 320 kbps music for 10 € in month...

Please Spotify, no no for this!

whatevernkjklnb
Casual Listener

What's up with their submission form (in the contact section)? I recently went there becuase I'm having a problem with my account and when I got to the "submit your question" page (aka page 3), I hit "submit" but it said "my session has ended." What the hell does that mean? I'm only used to seeing that in chat mediums so is this normal and my question was submitted OR is their site a piece of confusing trash that makes it impossible to submit questions? Thanks.

user-removed
Not applicable

@whatevernkjklnb

Hello:

If you have the Chrome browser, you might try using the incognito option if this keeps happening?

Also you can use Twitter Spotify for user support issus as well with the @SpotifyCares handle, or on our Facebook page. If you keep running into issues using the email contact form from your region.

Hither
In addition, Spotify has been slipping in too much advertising, granting 30 min of advertising-free streaming, and 30 minutes havent yet passed when it is already throwing their **bleep**ty advertisings and commercials. They're simply getting richer at the listener's expense! Something must be done.

Mojossitee
The support form just sent me an automated mail telling me check with the community. It doesn't help! I keep going round in circles trying to connect to my family's account, fill out the form and get sent back to the beginning. I'm paying for family but my account is stuck on free where I can't even play a song I want, I can only shuffle!

CaptainLump
Casual Listener

Agreed joined via phone hasnt picked up connection to my account. Chat help doesnt exist, This is f'*** useless. Wipe **bleep** service.

rubin_b27
Casual Listener
**bleep** you. You're a **bleep** company and I hope you fail. You are **bleep** to your users. You won't even let me shuffle my playlists without premium when in online! **bleep** is that? **bleep** you it's your fault loads of people have boring **bleep**ty walks to work or school just cos they don't want to pay 10 quid a month? **bleep** you. You make enough money to make premium cheaper. So why don't you? I know! Because youre a bunch of **bleep**ing cunts. I hope whoever designed spotify dies of ebola. Sort your **bleep** out and also refund me for the months that premium has **bleep**ed up and not worked properly.

AstroPoug
Music Fan

Honestly, this is just ridiculous. You hate Spotify and the way it is, but give no reasons as to why other then insult its userbase. I'm not a fanboy, but i'm not a pessimist either. Instead of endlessly complaining about first world problems and not contributing anything to anything, I actually help people, try to make myself a member of the Spotify Community. Does Spotify have its problems? Yes. You know what? Everything has problems in life. Nothing is perfect. Unless you expect everything to go right in your life, you need to live with it. You see my rank? I'm a Concert Regular, i've only been really using Spotify for half a year, but i've already done more then you, instead of you, who's just a "Music Fan."

user-removed
Not applicable

Because finding a solution to the problem does not voice the problem itself. Perhaps you should follow your own advice. .AKA: not assume you know best.
> This is in reply to the last post on the previous page of posts.
-- I googled and arrived here.. to find ignorant childrfen acting like arrogant ignorant children.  Spotify is ruled by small minds and **bleep**TY **bleep**TY interfacing.

..to add; I clicked "reply" to her post, and yet the system did not quote her post nor show this was in reply to her post...
Even spotify's forums are trash.

SUGGESTED POSTS