Ability to Mark a Song

Look, I get it if you guys don't want to admit that this new interface is a disaster by giving us back previous features such as "starring". I never used stars traditionally, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. 

I kept a "Top 1,000" songs list and I would star every song on that playlist in order to keep track of things. If I found a new song that I liked, I could keep track of if I'd added it to my top "1,000" playlist or not by if it was starred and it prevented me from adding the same song twice - that sort of thing. 

It also meant that I could easily find the right spot to put a song in ranked lists, by finding where it went in, for example, a "Top 50 of 1995" playlist, temporarily unstarring the songs either side of it there, then placing it between the two songs in the "Top 1,000" playlist and starring them all again, afterwards.

Basically, I used it as a handy visual track of what songs were in certain "high priority" playlists. 

So, how about you offer us the ability to place new columns in our interface, should we wish, with little symbols such as stars? It doesn't have to be a star, meaning that you can save face about bringing stars back. It could be a dot. And an option to have different colours on the go and so forth would be very helpful for people like myself who make a huge hobby out of building gigantic, intricate playlists to help them explore and enjoy their music. 

The current tick system isn't visually obvious enough to be a viable replacement for how I used the stars system. You could at least give me the option to colour the ticks a bright colour to make them stand out.

Thank you. 

P.S. The new design is awful and disgusting.

Updated: 2015-04-15

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea
Updated: 2015-04-15

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!