Ability to embed Spotify Songs in Web Videos

It would be great if there was an ability to embed music from Spotify into Web Videos. Not actually adding the music in the video but when you play the video, Spotify will play the song in the background as if it was in the video. I believe that one of YouTube's biggest problems is that people use copyright protected songs in their videos. Using Spotify for the music in web videos would solve this issue.

In order for this to work there must come a basic music editing add-in for applications like Final Cut/Premiere/iMovie. Nothing complex just basic fade-in fade-out options. Artists will get some royalties through Spotify and people can use their favorite music in their videos. Seems like a win win to me.

In order to play the video correct people will have to have Spotify installed on their computer so this could boost the amount of Spotify users.

Update: This idea has been submitted again here

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted over 1 year ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again!

Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
hēnk
Roadie

Can't be done.

DerkRdV
This would be awesome!
JackGander

Kind of a nice idea, in the sense that YouTube's approach to copyrighted material is tiresome and outmoded and needs solutions, but do we really want Spotify entangled with yet another of the internet's behemoths? There isn't really anything inherently in it for YouTube, and while I can't claim to be an expert, I imagine that licensing music for videos is a slightly different beast to streaming audio. YouTube need to make it easier for ordinary users to include copyrighted music (for everyone's sake), and the least convoluted way I can think of would essentially entail YouTube saying, "We'll pay the royalties, but you have to suffer this ad before your video plays". Meanwhile Spotify keeps doing what it's best at, which is being Spotify.

Marco
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Changed back to "new idea" status - once this idea reaches 40+ kudos the Spotify staff will review it again and decide on a new status. 😉
Marco
Community Legend
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Update: This idea has been submitted again here

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted over 1 year ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again!

Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas