Ability to mark in- and out-points on tracks

I listen to a lot of different kinds of music. Here are some issues I encounter in my playlist:

• Tracks have a long build up
  • Tracks have a long tail after the song itself is finished
  • Some Tracks are 10 minutes + with many different themes and could very well be multiple songs

By being able to right-click and set the timecode (mm:ss) for where I want the song to begin and end, I could get rid of these annoyances.

With this and the new crossfade function I could even make medleys or more prepared playlists that mix even better than simply playing end to front through out an entire playlist. 

Although this idea has been suggested first, I'd like to merge it with a more popular idea to ensure this idea gets the best attention it deserves:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Isolate-parts-of-a-track/idi-p/40013

Add your kudos there please - Ideas will be merged and kudos transferred soon! ;)
Comments
krikelin
Community Legend

Hi

did everybody know that you can link to special segment of a track by adding a hashtag + desired position in time elapse to any track URI?

Try this

spotify:track:67ofB1AeAgWByr7cWYCHI7#2:14

I hope you could enhance it so you even could set a custom range when the track should start and end:

spotify:track:67ofB1AeAgWByr7cWYCHI7#2:14-2:18

And then store this range in a playlist, so it only will play that segment of the song inside a playlist so people could make cooler mixtapes. That would be a killer feature for Spotify!

stigmm

I came here just to check if anyone had already suggested this. Like krikelin said, this would allow for much better mixtape-like playlists, without interludes etc.

stigmm
dalla
Music Fan

I agree. Great idea!

dalla
Music Fan

There should be an app that would allow you to mix songs better then just 12 sec crossfade.

One should really look into this! An example could be an app looking like;

Mixmeister Fusion. In essence, this idea is about including a mixer in Spotify.

What is the status on this?

dalla
Music Fan

Updates?

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Duplicate

Although this idea has been suggested first, I'd like to merge it with a more popular idea to ensure this idea gets the best attention it deserves:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Isolate-parts-of-a-track/idi-p/40013

Add your kudos there please - Ideas will be merged and kudos transferred soon! ;)