Announcements

Ability to name offline devices

Things would be so much easier if you could name your devices!

Here are my two reasons:

1. I have two RAZRi and they both show up as XT890 - but which is which?! Custom names would be awesome!

2. I use Spotify on 3 Android devices and in the last weeks almost every time I come online I get kicked out, saying I had more than 3 devices.

Now either this is a bug or there is a device I forgot about or something, but custom names would allow for easier identification.

When you look at your offline devices in your Account all it says is "android device" - very nondescript!

Updated: 2015-11-17

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Rock Star 10
Rock Star 10
Status changed to: New Idea

Marking this as a new idea since it calls for being able to set custom names for your devices, but you might also check out the following idea for allowing the devices page to display 's actual id: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Devices-Page-Show-more-information-for-the-offline-devic...

Regular

displaying the unique id is silly. i also use windows computer, android and sometimes ios.  naming the device is easier than you grabbing some device id. thanks 

I have jus purchased a new phone and tablet. Both are android devices, as was my old phone. I also stream music through my stereo. But with no way of identifying which android device is which, it seems dumb, but I have to de-activate them all, and then download my offline music again. Please bring in some sort of identification facility

Does anyone have one their devices from spotify named as chinchilla with a game controller next to it? I don't recall have any devices named that so I checked my offline devices but it wasn't there. Anybody know what this is?

Community Legend
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated: 2015-11-17

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!