Accept dogecoin for payment for premuim

I would like to pay for premium with dogecoin.

Dogecoin is a crypto-currency similar to bitcoin and is easy to intigrate into spotify using a service called gocoin.

Dogecoin uses less fees then using a credit card or paypal.

Members of the dogecoin community will be influenced to use spotify over competitors.

Read all the reddit comments here http://redd.it/2afzm4

Updated: 2015-07-14

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Good 'ol forum trollin'

nmek
Casual Listener

@MattSuda wrote:

Good 'ol forum trollin'

Dogecoin is not a joke, and have accomplished many things such as sponsoring a nascar team and funding a well in kenya.

RyvenCedrylle

I second this idea. I have enjoyed Spotify for over a year now and would like to be able to subscribe with Dogecoin. The GoCoin payment system is simple and requires no changes or implementation on your end of things.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Korberos

I've been using Spotify for more than two years now and I've stuck to the free subscription for the entirety. I don't really like the ads but I didn't want to deal with the hassle of purchasing a subscription through the means you had available.

If you used GoCoin or another cryptocurrency payment processor to add DogeCoin monthly and yearly subscription prices, I would buy a subscription immediately, as well as buying a few for my friends. I would love to support you guys, and GoCoin would take very little time to implement into Spotify's payment system. It's a net positive any way you look at it. You're creating a new method of payment that will get you new paying customers... you should at least consider it.

lucassou
I agree that would be great I don't like to give my credit card number every where so bying with dogecoin would be a great alternative
der_Techniker

I love the ease of paying with dogecoin (once I have gone through the process of securing the coin, that is) and would definitely consider buying spotify premium if dogecoin were an accepted payment method (I have been using the free spotify client for 2+ years). I would also LOVE a feature that would allow tipping artists on Spotify with dogecoin, allowing users to express appreciation more meaningfully and helping make spotify more profitable for the artists. 

seanmc
Dogecoin to the moon!
ProfDiggy

I would definitely support any decision to integrate support for people who'd like to pay with Dogecoins.

09astro27nm

Grooveshark has just started accepting Bitcoins as payment, so you should counter with accepting dogecoins!