Accept dogecoin for payment for premuim

I would like to pay for premium with dogecoin.

Dogecoin is a crypto-currency similar to bitcoin and is easy to intigrate into spotify using a service called gocoin.

Dogecoin uses less fees then using a credit card or paypal.

Members of the dogecoin community will be influenced to use spotify over competitors.

Read all the reddit comments here http://redd.it/2afzm4

Updated: 2015-07-14

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
MrHalibut

I too think accepting dogecoin for payment is a great idea.  Spotify could potentially be the next big player in the rise of cryptocurrency!

amibr0ken

I would pay yearly! Think of all the intreset or raise in Value of DOGECOIN!

rocko23

I would love to pay for my monthly sub with Dogecoin! It would keep me from cancelling my premium sub!

Joe

I see two major barriers.

1. Dogecoin is a "currency" with exchange rates so how would Spotify gurantee they receive the appropriate subscription since I doubt they would want to take the exchange risk?
  2. How will Spotify determine your country in relation to licencing?
IsoMacintosh

I could understand using Bitcoin when ordering questionable packages containing "organic tomatoes"

But i really cant understand using it for legal purposes.

FUN FACT: Without silk road and such cryptocurrency would not be where it is today.

IsoMacintosh

"The GoCoin payment system is simple and requires no changes or implementation on your end of things."

Good! Then there is no problem since you can already use it.

In reality though, adding and supporting a new payment method is not as easy as you guys think. And investing that money to support something that does not bring any benefits is stupid, especially once we account all the negative aspects of anonymity.

buizen

Personally i have been real pleased that spotify has been accepting  payments in kryptonite for many years now.........

Marco
Status changed to: Inactive Idea
Updated: 2015-07-14

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!